Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Need a Vegas golf rec (1 Viewer)

Krup21

Linebacker
Insider
tPB OG
Playing in a tourney in Vegas in March. There's 7 of us going down. It's actually all Nebraska fans playing, called the Bugeater Classic. We're looking for a course to play the day before the tourney starts. We were gonna play Wolf Creek in Mesquite but the Green fees are 300. Was hoping to spend less than 200 for a round if possible. The tourney is held at Spanish Trails, nice course but we've played there 3 years in a row, looking for a new "practice" round course. Thanks in advance for the help fellas.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Not sure you want to drive this far, but two hours away is Sand Hollow. Up in the Red Cliffs outside of St. George, it’s a beautiful spot where you wouldn’t expect to find a golf course. Very interesting architecturally, too.

7796FD53-A3F9-4F1B-BAAA-3C22FAA4A8AB.jpeg

Lonny Boysen

Told Wager to Order The Leaning Tower
Wolf is great. Think it was about a 30 minute drive from the strip.
It’s more like an hour and 15….but totally worth the drive annnd the green fees.

Edit: I was talking Wolf Creek, you’re talking “The Wolf” at Paiute….sorry.

I’ve played all 3 at Paiute, and all are very good courses….I’d recommend reading up on each option and picking accordingly based on your skill/preference for amount of sand, water, etc.

And yes….those courses would be about 30min from the strip.

With all that said….I’d still pony-up to go to Wolf Creek in Mesquite. Absolutely ZERO regrats about the price each and every time.

Might be the most amazing/unique public course in the country?

I’m lucky to live in LV and can catch the nice days towards the beginning and end of the “cheap” greens fees season haha….but all I can say is it’s worth $300 if that’s your price. It’s somewhere every golf fan should play at least once.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds