Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do We Need a B1G Basketball Tourney Thread? Tourney Thread (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
But we call all agree Wilcher lost the game with his horrid court presence?

His brother already went elsewhere so can he
While it was definitely a bad play, that didn’t lose us the game. I’m annoyed to say Minnesota played really well. They hit shots I’d bet plenty of money on they won’t hit tomorrow. I bet they get their ass kicked against Maryland.

We were playing with house money. Hopefully we get a NIT bid.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
But that’s what has made this team good over the last 2 months, we had gotten away from the hero ball that we’ve relied on the last 3 years. Move the ball make 3-4 passes and get a good look. Why go away from that now?
they had no answer for Keisei. He was taking anyone they put in front of him off the dribble.

Fred went away from running sets in the second half it seems and just told Griesel to get down hill. I wouldn’t have minded that game plan if we were playing with a lead, but not when you’re trying to lead a come back.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
they had no answer for Keisei. He was taking anyone they put in front of him off the dribble.

Fred went away from running sets in the second half it seems and just told Griesel to get down hill. I wouldn’t have minded that game plan if we were playing with a lead, but not when you’re trying to lead a come back.
When we were winning games in February we were running some really good offensive sets. All thrown out the window tonight. No idea what Griesel was doing.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
When we were winning games in February we were running some really good offensive sets. All thrown out the window tonight. No idea what Griesel was doing.
They were running some good ones in the first half, too. I truly don’t understand what happened after we got within 1. Griesel bricked two wide open 3’s and I feel like no one else touched the ball outside of that after he missed those.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

If we do I can guarantee no team would look forward to playing us, especially in PBA. We competed against some of the best B1G teams even when we were outmanned. I really hope we get to see Greisel & Walker play a few more games. Towards the end of the season we looked like a well coached team. Hate to go out on a sour note from last nights game for Greisel & Walker. Gotta say it was an honor to watch those 2 play. They play the right way and were great leaders of this undermanned rag tag bunch.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
After calmer heads have prevailed, I feel for Griesel and Walker (assuming Keisei is coming back). Griesel wanted nothing more than to put Nebrasketball in the thick of things in the B1G and damn you cannot fault his effort. I hope Hoiberg can find a spot for Griesel as some sort of an assistant for the upcoming years so that future players can feel that passion for this program.

Derrick Walker. What a player and leader. It’s a shame he had to play with a bunch of buffoons his first few seasons otherwise he’d probably have a few more all-conference honors.

We Hoiboys and Nebrasketballers know nothing but gut punches and last night was a vicious one.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
After calmer heads have prevailed, I feel for Griesel and Walker (assuming Keisei is coming back). Griesel wanted nothing more than to put Nebrasketball in the thick of things in the B1G and damn you cannot fault his effort. I hope Hoiberg can find a spot for Griesel as some sort of an assistant for the upcoming years so that future players can feel that passion for this program.

Derrick Walker. What a player and leader. It’s a shame he had to play with a bunch of buffoons his first few seasons otherwise he’d probably have a few more all-conference honors.

We Hoiboys and Nebrasketballers know nothing but gut punches and last night was a vicious one.
I would think Greisel will go play Pro Ball overseas, unless he wants to get into coaching right now. I know Walker has his trucking company but wonder if he will try to make some Pesos also playing overseas. I think they both could make a dam good living playing hoops for a few more years. I have a buddy who's son played NAIA ball and was nothing special. He's bounced around between SE Asia & Australia playing hoops making good money for close to 10 years. I have a relative who bounced around between the CBA and the European Leagues starting in the mid 90's. He made far more in the European Leagues than the CBA. Never got the call up to the NBA unfortunately.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds