Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Damn it, while it’s not a huge loss now Dawson was a guy I thought showed promise. Who’s giving these guys advice? He’s just a freshman. Could have easily worked his way into meaningful minutes in the future. Instead he’ll transfer to Sacramento State and play a little more there.

New Girl Schmidt GIF

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fringe rotation guys, which is what he was at the end of the year, leaving is totally fine, but Fred can't afford to lose any of the guys who were rotation guys, imo
Only players I feel are a big loss if they leave are Gary, Keisei, Lawrence & Keita. Would be nice to bring back Wilhelm if nothing else for known depth in the Post but hopefully we recruit over him. Wilcher is so limited athletically plus a poor decision maker when he has the ball that if he isn't draining 3's he's a big liability on the floor on Offense & Defense. Lloyd is an unknown as is McPherson. I think I'd rather take a flyer on a transfer like Tonje over Dawson staying.

It is going to be fun following the recruiting in the Transfer Portal. We will have 4-6 spots open depending who leaves. Can really retool this team.

Give me a base of:
Gary
Keisei
Keita
Lawrence
Rice (might be a good shooter)
Sam Hoiberg (Super Walk On)
Lloyd (if reports of looking good in practice are true)

That leaves 7 Schollies open if McPherson, Wilcher & Wilhelm move on. Keisei IMHO will be tough to keep from going Pro in Japan.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Only players I feel are a big loss if they leave are Gary, Keisei, Lawrence & Keita. Would be nice to bring back Wilhelm if nothing else for known depth in the Post but hopefully we recruit over him. Wilcher is so limited athletically plus a poor decision maker when he has the ball that if he isn't draining 3's he's a big liability on the floor on Offense & Defense. Lloyd is an unknown as is McPherson. I think I'd rather take a flyer on a transfer like Tonje over Dawson staying.

It is going to be fun following the recruiting in the Transfer Portal. We will have 4-6 spots open depending who leaves. Can really retool this team.

Give me a base of:
Gary
Keisei
Keita
Lawrence

That leaves 7 Schollies open if McPherson, Wilcher & Wilhelm move on. Keisei IMHO will be tough to keep from going Pro in Japan.
Wilhelm and Wilcher, despite their limitations, are guys you know can contribute in the Big Ten. It can't be a teardown every single offseason if Fred is going to build anything. Of course both have been up and down but that was the story of Keisei last year and people were ready to run him out.of town on a rail.

Now I don't think it's the end of the world if you'd lose them, but I don't think you should be looking to chase them off, imo.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member

Give me a base of:
Gary
Keisei
Keita
Lawrence

Keisei is as good as gone. He’s about to live the good life in Japan.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wilhelm and Wilcher, despite their limitations, are guys you know can contribute in the Big Ten. It can't be a teardown every single offseason if Fred is going to build anything. Of course both have been up and down but that was the story of Keisei last year and people were ready to run him out.of town on a rail.

Now I don't think it's the end of the world if you'd lose them, but I don't think you should be looking to chase them off, imo.
When was Wilhelm up? I must have missed that game.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Give me a base of:
Gary
Keisei
Keita
Lawrence

I like Keisei a lot, but if him moving on gives us Chucky or Sallis, I'm fine with him moving on. No way him or Lawrence can be expected to step back into a bench role, and Sallis and Chucky eat up those backcourt positions IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds