Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Bubble Watch (3 Viewers)

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This team is really solid. I think they could make a March run if things fell right. Experience, hustle, playing incredible defense with several capable shooters. We do need to defend the perimeter more consistently.

The one thing they really miss is the go to shot creator. The former player on the BTN panel mentioned that last night and that is a legit concern imo. Keisei tends to force shots when we need a bucket and Rienk can really disappear in stretches. Brice Williams is probably the closest we have to take someone 1 on 1 off the dribble and get a bucket.

Basketball has been fun to watch this year.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Question for our bracketology majors.

If Nebraska won out and snuck our way into #2 in the big 10 then let’s say lost in the semis of the Big10 tourney. Could we get up to a 5 or 6 seed?
Not a professional bracketologist, but I believe a 6 seed is possible if teams ahead of us fall off. I don't see a 5 seed happening due to our terrible non-con SoS.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Here's how I see it:

Purdue is all but locked into the #1 seed.

ILL finishes the year with MN, @WI, Purdue, and @IA. Nebraska is 1.5 games back from ILL and they own the tiebreaker. We would need to win out and have ILL drop two games. ILL owns the head to head tiebreaker.

WI ends with @IN, ILL, RU, and @Purdue. They are only a .5 game up with Nebraska. If we win out and WI drops a game that represents our best chance at a double bye. In the event, it goes to tiebreaker -

We split the series with WI and the next tiebreaker is the record versus the top seed which will likely be Purdue. We own the tiebreaker in this scenario.

NW is a .5 up on Nebraska and ends the year with @MD, IA, @MI ST, and MN. If NW drops a game and we win out I think we secure a double bye. I think this is our second most likely option to gaining a double bye.

Again we split the series with NW. If Purdue ends as the #1 we are 1-0 and NW is 1-1. I think the next layer is winning percentage versus that team which we would then own.

Overall, I think the likelihood of Nebraska sneaking into a #2 seed in the BIG 10 tourney is unlikely, but we have a good chance of receiving a double bye. If that happens we could rise to a #7 seed.

I'm not an expert by any means so take this with a grain of slaw.
ILL likely to drop the @ games, WI needs wins and should play better the last 4 games. Purdue should beat them, although at that point they'll probably have nothing to play for as far as B1G seeding goes BUT do not want to lose for the NCAA seeding "eye test". I could see them even losing to Cockeye...play the spoiler

WI should win 3 out of their last 4 which doesn't help us. Gard usually has his team ready for tourney time.

NW, like you said, is our easiest shot at getting the double bye.

we just need to win out...as I said in my last post ITT, OSU game is....

Donald Trump GIF

redzoner

Cornerback
Kerr Krissa is tearing up KSU and erasing a 25 point lead.

He's the type of transfer we were after last year that I think we can land for next year with the success we have had. He might regret going there to be on a 9-18 team instead of making a tourney run in Lincoln.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
Unfortunately, no. Just ordered the Retro NU a few days ago but at least the reviews seem promising.

I ordered a retro Nebraska jersey off DHGate a couple years ago, turned out surprisingly great. Have gotten a couple hockey jerseys from there too. 2 were great, 1 was a little shitty but still worked for the price.

Hopefully your jersey will come in before the tourney starts, they basically use the slow boat shipping method from china.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I ordered a retro Nebraska jersey off DHGate a couple years ago, turned out surprisingly great. Have gotten a couple hockey jerseys from there too. 2 were great, 1 was a little shitty but still worked for the price.

Hopefully your jersey will come in before the tourney starts, they basically use the slow boat shipping method from china.
Says March 11-14... so I am hopeful.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
My read is Nebraska won’t get higher than an 8 unless they go out and win the B1G tournament. They’d almost rather stay at 10 to avoid the 8/9 game at that point

Fuck that. For a program that has never won a NCAA tournament game, I want the best possible matchup in the first game we play. I'll take an 8 or 9 seed over a 10 every time.

10 seeds win first game 39.4% of the time
9 seeds win first game 48.9% of the time
8 seeds win first game 51.1% of the time
7 seeds win first game 60.6% of the time

I want the lowest seed possible. I'm not worried about the second round or getting to the sweet 16, I just want to win a game. Win a game then worry about the next round.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds