Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (3 Viewers)

Schedule detail

Aug 31, 2024 at 12:33 PM
  • Unstick thread
  1. Seaofred92 Seaofred92

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I wasn't saying this was the starting line up. I think Gary starts. Guessing Rollie at PG over Ulis and I think Meah will start over Morgan. I was just bored and playing with potential line ups that would cause match up problems for other teams. If I had to guess, and it is a total guess we would start:
PG - Rollie
SG - Williams
SF - Gary
PF - Berke
C. - Meah

Nice combination of scorers, size, rebounding, blocked shots and defense. And that is a tall line up. Averaging almost 6-8. Love having proven quality players like Griffiths, Essegian, Morgan & Hoiberg coming off of the bench
I agree on the starting lineup. I said this before on here and on Tater Island but even though I think Meah starts, Morgan will play more minutes. You also left off Janowski. I think he's going to carve out a role. Aside from being a great shooter, he will actually play pretty good defense. The defensive end won't keep him off the floor like it has for some of our freshman in the past. I think he'll play more and more as the year goes on and (unpopular opinion) take minutes from Hoiberg. Especially if Hoiberg doesn't hit shots.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Sam. He can definitely provide a spark and I love the way he hustles. I just think we've upgraded our roster that much. Especially at guard.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I agree on the starting lineup. I said this before on here and on Tater Island but even though I think Meah starts, Morgan will play more minutes. You also left off Janowski. I think he's going to carve out a role. Aside from being a great shooter, he will actually play pretty good defense. The defensive end won't keep him off the floor like it has for some of our freshman in the past. I think he'll play more and more as the year goes on and (unpopular opinion) take minutes from Hoiberg. Especially if Hoiberg doesn't hit shots.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Sam. He can definitely provide a spark and I love the way he hustles. I just think we've upgraded our roster that much. Especially at guard.
So how many wins does this team get in 2024-2025?

Seems like a solid squad

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
So how many wins does this team get in 2024-2025?

Seems like a solid squad
I think 20+ wins is very realistic. On paper this team is as good or better than last year. IMO there's no doubt we're better at guard. Mast is a definite loss. However, it sounds like Morgan has been very impressive so far during the summer sessions. If Berke can start to reach that potential he can help make up for that loss. Turkey is now eliminated from the U20 Championships. They played 6 games, I think. In those 6 games Berke shot 54% from 3. Need him to shoot well this year. Meah won't bring much on offense besides dunks, but that lob threat is something Hoiberg has never had. The lob threat with Meah is going to open the floor so much more for Essegian, Griffiths, Williams, etc. to get open looks.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I think 20+ wins is very realistic. On paper this team is as good or better than last year. IMO there's no doubt we're better at guard. Mast is a definite loss. However, it sounds like Morgan has been very impressive so far during the summer sessions. If Berke can start to reach that potential he can help make up for that loss. Turkey is now eliminated from the U20 Championships. They played 6 games, I think. In those 6 games Berke shot 54% from 3. Need him to shoot well this year. Meah won't bring much on offense besides dunks, but that lob threat is something Hoiberg has never had. The lob threat with Meah is going to open the floor so much more for Essegian, Griffiths, Williams, etc. to get open looks.
Yup - think Pickle Smoochers's offense with Nembhard and Kalkbrenner. Shooters should get so many quality looks off of that pick and roll action.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds