Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs

I'm Fully Husked to see Griffith & Berke creating match up problems. Meah rebounding & blocking shots. We know what Rollie & Essegian can do at this level. Morgan another Wild Card but nice piece to the puzzle. Love the versatility of our line up. Ulis bet on himself by coming back

There is a lot of fun pick and roll/inverted pick and roll stuff they can do with this roster.

I'm Fully Husked to see Griffith & Berke creating match up problems. Meah rebounding & blocking shots. We know what Rollie & Essegian can do at this level. Morgan another Wild Card but nice piece to the puzzle. Love the versatility of our line up. Ulis bet on himself by coming back

Backdoor cut to an ally-oop reverse dunk? 👀
That's not something you see every day.

Man, I'm so high on this team right now. Obviously Berke is playing at a fairly high level overseas right now, but I also just have this sneaky feeling that Essegian is going to explode this next year. I'll be honest, I wasn't super high on him when he committed...but I think he could be one of THE guys for us this year.

Man, I'm so high on this team right now. Obviously Berke is playing at a fairly high level overseas right now, but I also just have this sneaky feeling that Essegian is going to explode this next year. I'll be honest, I wasn't super high on him when he committed...but I think he could be one of THE guys for us this year.
I think Essegian and Griffiths will be in competition for the All Big Ten team, along with Bryce and Juwan.

There is a lot of fun pick and roll/inverted pick and roll stuff they can do with this roster.
just going through possible line ups is fun. Size & athleticism we aren't use to having. We can put line ups out there that will have an average height of over 6-8 featuring both defensive & offensive stalwarts. Speed, length, size, outside shooting & athleticism. An example below shows 3 natural scorers (Williams, Berke & Griffiths), Shot Blocker (Meah), All Conference Defensive players (Rollie & Meah) and for rebounding Meah, Rollie & Williams all rebound at an above average for their positions.

PG Rollie 6-4
SG Williams 6-7
SF Grifiths 6-8
PF Berke 6-9
C Meah. 7-1

That doesn't even include mixing in 6-6 Gary, 6-10 Morgan, 6-3 Ulis & 6-3 Essegian.

Last edited:
just going through possible line ups is fun. Size & athleticism we aren't use to having. We can put line ups out there that will have an average height of over 6-8 featuring both defensive & offensive stalwarts. Speed, length, size, outside shooting & athleticism. An example below shows 3 natural scorers (Williams, Berke & Griffiths), Shot Blocker (Meah), All Conference Defensive players (Rollie & Meah) and for rebounding Meah, Rollie & Williams all rebound at an above average for their positions.

PG Rollie 6-4
SG Williams 6-7
SF Grifiths 6-8
PF Berke 6-9
C Meah. 7-1

That doesn't even include mixing in 6-6 Gary, 6-10 Morgan, 6-3 Ulis & 6-3 Essegian.
I don't think there is any chance that Griffiths gets the start over Gary. The guy is a 2 year starter here and started at Bama. Griffiths has huge upside and will see a lot of minutes in various situations, but I don't see anyway that he gets the nod over Gary.

Sub Gary in at the SF and Griffiths and Essegian will be your first 2 off the bench. You can do a lot with just those 7. Rollie and Meah could come out, moving Williams to PG, Essegian at SG, Griffiths at SF, Gary at PF and Berke at C. That's a small-ball team that can score from anywhere. This roster is so versatile!

I don't think there is any chance that Griffiths gets the start over Gary. The guy is a 2 year starter here and started at Bama. Griffiths has huge upside and will see a lot of minutes in various situations, but I don't see anyway that he gets the nod over Gary.

Sub Gary in at the SF and Griffiths and Essegian will be your first 2 off the bench. You can do a lot with just those 7. Rollie and Meah could come out, moving Williams to PG, Essegian at SG, Griffiths at SF, Gary at PF and Berke at C. That's a small-ball team that can score from anywhere. This roster is so versatile!

And tough. This roster is not going to get bullied in any game. Some of the games last year where we got absolutely punked were the most frustrating thing to watch. I can’t envision many scenarios where that happens to this lineup.

Tominaga really picked up his defense last year and did better but we didn’t have that versatile defender with height until we moved Williams into the backcourt. As mentioned above, there are so many combinations we can use. We aren’t even hardly mentioning Sam in this too. So much depth that if someone doesn’t perform, we can go 10-11 guys deep until we find the combo that is clicking that day against the other lineup.

I didn't read it as a "who starts" thing so much as this is an "interesting potential lineup" thing

Gary was a part-time starter at Bama. Fred did bring him off the bench for a handful of games this past season as well. I'm in the extreme minority, but I believe Gary is overvalued by Nebraska fans from a starters standpoint. I feel he's more beneficial off the bench then let his play dictate the minutes. Especially with a roster like we currently have; tons of length, scoring and other options that we haven't had in 20+ years.

Regardless how it all works out, on paper this roster is set-up incredibly.

Gary was a part-time starter at Bama. Fred did bring him off the bench for a handful of games this past season as well. I'm in the extreme minority, but I believe Gary is overvalued by Nebraska fans from a starters standpoint. I feel he's more beneficial off the bench then let his play dictate the minutes. Especially with a roster like we currently have; tons of length, scoring and other options that we haven't had in 20+ years.

Regardless how it all works out, on paper this roster is set-up incredibly.
Correct, three years ago Gary was a part-time starter at Bama. But that is a pretty natural progression for most players - come off the bench, then part-time starter, then a full-time starter.

Gary's game isn't perfect obviously and guys like Berke and Griffiths bring a lot of things to the table that Gary doesn't have in his game. I like Gary as a starter for a handful of reasons...
1. Toughness. While I think Nebraska will be a "tough" team this year, I think starting the game with Gary's energy and toughness will help set the tone for the type of game we want to play. Especially since we have the apparent depth that if he picks up a tickytack foul, we'll be okay.
2. Defense. Gary is an elite defender... probably the best on this team. Having a guy that can lockdown 90% of the guys he will guard is damn near invaluable.
3. Maturity/Experience. I know this is a team with a lot of P5 experience, but nobody on this roster has as much Big Ten experience as he does. I just think having that in the starting lineup is crucial.

Now, situationally, I could see him not being in the lineup to end every game, but I want Gary in my starting lineup.

I wasn't saying this was the starting line up. I think Gary starts. Guessing Rollie at PG over Ulis and I think Meah will start over Morgan. I was just bored and playing with potential line ups that would cause match up problems for other teams. If I had to guess, and it is a total guess we would start:
PG - Rollie
SG - Williams
SF - Gary
PF - Berke
C. - Meah

Nice combination of scorers, size, rebounding, blocked shots and defense. And that is a tall line up. Averaging almost 6-8. Love having proven quality players like Griffiths, Essegian, Morgan & Hoiberg coming off of the bench

I wasn't saying this was the starting line up. I think Gary starts. Guessing Rollie at PG over Ulis and I think Meah will start over Morgan. I was just bored and playing with potential line ups that would cause match up problems for other teams. If I had to guess, and it is a total guess we would start:
PG - Rollie
SG - Williams
SF - Gary
PF - Berke
C. - Meah

Nice combination of scorers, size, rebounding, blocked shots and defense. And that is a tall line up. Averaging almost 6-8. Love having proven quality players like Griffiths, Essegian, Morgan & Hoiberg coming off of the bench

There are certainly guys from this past year that won’t be on this team that we would have liked to have had back. But honestly, I am taking this team over last year’s ON PAPER.

PG - Rollie
SG - Williams
SF - Gary
PF - Berke
C. - Meah

I love it! There are seriously so many different lineups that can do so many different things. I really think Fred will have fun coaching this team with all of the different options he has at his disposal.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back