Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (4 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think what would make it a pretty exciting team is if Griffiths, Essegian, and Janowski can shoot the shit out of it and give you minutes. That gives some pop to your lineup and your rotations could be pretty solid.

My guess today would be Morgan starts over Berke.
Center seems like the only position that is up for grabs. I like what Morgan brings and could see him starting. He seems like a slightly more athletic Mast but not quite the facilitating and outside shooting of Mast. Hard to get a true read on him since he has limited film plus played against slightly lower competition. I wonder how his defense and rebounding will be at the Power5 level? Berke isn't known as an overly defensive minded player or rebounder so that's why I had Meah starting. He can be a Defensive Eraser in the middle. Plus Meah averaged getting 25% of the defensive rebounds. Impressive number. Combine Meah with Gary and we have some dawgs on the boards. Williams & Rollie also rebound really well from the Guard position averaging roughly 5 reb/game each which is more than Berke but they did play almost double the minutes of Berke as he averaged 16 minutes and 2.5 rebs last season while battling injuries.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Center seems like the only position that is up for grabs. I like what Morgan brings and could see him starting. He seems like a slightly more athletic Mast but not quite the facilitating and outside shooting of Mast. Hard to get a true read on him since he has limited film plus played against slightly lower competition. I wonder how his defense and rebounding will be at the Power5 level? Berke isn't known as an overly defensive minded player or rebounder so that's why I had Meah starting. He can be a Defensive Eraser in the middle. Plus Meah averaged getting 25% of the defensive rebounds. Impressive number. Combine Meah with Gary and we have some dawgs on the boards. Williams & Rollie also rebound really well from the Guard position averaging roughly 5 reb/game each which is more than Berke but they did play almost double the minutes of Berke as he averaged 16 minutes and 2.5 rebs last season while battling injuries.
I was curious enough to look:

Looks damn near the same to me, haha.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like that we are getting more talented but I cant help buy hope that Hoiberg is still on the floor a lot. He just brings something that I like watching.
Yeah. They need to play guys who have a solid combination of shooting and defense and even with Sam's size limitations the dude solves that problem especially if he can go balls out for like 15-18 minutes a game

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like that we are getting more talented but I cant help buy hope that Hoiberg is still on the floor a lot. He just brings something that I like watching.
I agree here. I'm not sure how it'll work out, but he changes the pace of the game when he comes in. He reminds me of Benny Parker with a three point shot. Not the most physically gifted gut by a long shot, but he's got that energizer bunny to him that never quits. He'll work hard enough to get a good play in your favor.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was curious enough to look:

Looks damn near the same to me, haha.

Definitely shows some skills. Added bonus since Morgan actually regularly dunks in traffic!!! Not sure Mast can jump over a phone book. Morgan looks more athletic than Mast just need to see if he can play any Point Center and defend at this level. I am excited that we added him. Seems like a Fred Hoiberg kinda player with his variety of offensive talents that can create match up problems. Even if he doesn't start he should be quality depth in the post which you can never have too much of in the B1G. When was the last time Nebraska had 2 quality experienced bigs the level of Meah & Morgan manning the 5 position? That's a luxury we aren't use to.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
My only gripe is I thought the plan was to get more athletic after the A&M debacle. And we went out and get less athletic than last year. Also don't think we'll shoot as well without Tominaga on the floor (combination of his shooting as well as his opening things up for others while on the floor). Really don't know what to make of this roster on paper.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Definitely shows some skills. Added bonus since Morgan actually regularly dunks in traffic!!! Not sure Mast can jump over a phone book. Morgan looks more athletic than Mast just need to see if he can play any Point Center and defend at this level. I am excited that we added him. Seems like a Fred Hoiberg kinda player with his variety of offensive talents that can create match up problems. Even if he doesn't start he should be quality depth in the post which you can never have too much of in the B1G. When was the last time Nebraska had 2 quality experienced bigs the level of Meah & Morgan manning the 5 position? That's a luxury we aren't use to.

Between Meah, Berke, and Morgan we are tougher and more athletic than last year in the front court. Add Gary to those guys and I feel confident saying we aren’t gonna get punked many games.

I really like the Berke addition and I think he’s the ideal 4 man in Hoiberg’s offense.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
My only gripe is I thought the plan was to get more athletic after the A&M debacle. And we went out and get less athletic than last year. Also don't think we'll shoot as well without Tominaga on the floor (combination of his shooting as well as his opening things up for others while on the floor). Really don't know what to make of this roster on paper.
I think shaping our roster around one game would be a mistake. Nebrasketball had a good season. They beat good, athletic teams. Feels to me that Fred has a blueprint of what he wants to do now and is recruiting to that. Shooting is a bit of a concern, but idk it’s something to be overly concerned about. My opinion is they added 3 good young shooters. Just have to see how they perform. 98% of the country would have a problem replacing a shooter like Tominaga.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
But most feel we did get more athletic, especially in the paint. Meah, Berke & Morgan are all athletic for their size. Meah is very athletic for a 7-1 player. I think you might have to go back to Mikki Moore to find a Husker Big Man that could move and jump like Meah and he has 30 lbs on Moore. 6-8 Griffiths is one of the better athletes we have had in a long time. From last seasons contributors we won't have Keisei, Wilcher, Mast, Lawrence and Allick. Lawrence & Allick are the only ones that could even be considered remotely athletic out of that group. We might not be as athletic as Texas A&M but few are. I feel we are more athletic or at least as athletic as 90% of the B1G. Indiana is gonna be stacked with talent but I think we measure up with everyone else no problem.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Texas A&M was a bad matchup. What matters most is what we do in B1G play. Finished 3rd last year. This team is plenty talented to do that again.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think we got more versatile which is what I really think we were hoping for without actually articulating it.

The problem with last year's team was that we didn't have the ability to mix and match based on our opponents strength and weaknesses. Sure there were games where Keisei didn't have it and sat a bunch because someone else did, but we could only very marginally size up (Gary/Allick/Mast who are at best 3 inches apart in height) or size down (Mast + 4 out, but getting slaughtered on the glass/at the rim). But generally if what they had wasn't working, we got fucking pasted and we only really had the 5 out with Mast look.

I think this roster is way more flexible in terms of matching up opponents and exploiting their weaknesses, at least on paper. You can go Meah + small and he can cover the the rim and glass, you can go jumbo and play Meah, Morgan/Berke, Gary, Williams, and Rollie, and you can go 5 out with Morgan or maybe Berke at the 5, or you can go Berke and Morgan together and maybe play some big/big high pick and roll or pick and pop type shit.

I think concerns about shooting are totally reasonable given that Essegian, Griffiths, Janowski, and Berke are lesser known commodities or in Essegian's case regressed last year, but that's 4 solid pulls at the lever to find 1-2 guys who can make 35%+.

Last edited:

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think what would make it a pretty exciting team is if Griffiths, Essegian, and Janowski can shoot the shit out of it and give you minutes. That gives some pop to your lineup and your rotations could be pretty solid.

My guess today would be Morgan starts over Berke.
Berke is in a lot of 2025 mock drafts, I’d be surprised if he isnt our starting PF. Morgan will see major min backing up both PF and C.
You bring up an interesting point that we got worse athletically, which I agree with but I think we’ll have a much better roster overall. We’re deep deep, I’m excited.

I’m expecting Brice to play much more off ball and become our main guy. Hopefully he can give us 15 a night, 20+ on good nights and be our steady bucket getter which he’s been to a lesser extent in the past. Feels like all our other starters can get us double digits on any night outside of Meah.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds