Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs

Washut's latest.

***If you’re wondering what the heck is going on with Berke Buyuktuncel’s recruitment, you’re not alone. ICYMI, I put in an RPM for the UCLA transfer to commit to Nebraska last weekend.

I based the prediction on information I’d heard from a few credible sources. However, my confidence level wasn’t quite as high as some of my previous predictions.

Much of that has to do with how quiet and secretive this whole recruitment has been. There have been little to no updates throughout the process, making it extremely hard to get a solid read on where things stand.

From what I’ve heard, this has been a somewhat complicated process from the jump. A lot of that, I’m told, is due to figuring out the NIL numbers through the federal limitations of an international player on a student visa.

I know a ton of work has been done behind the scenes to get everything figured out, and I’ve heard the entire process described simply as “weird.”

That said, I’m still sticking with my RPM of Buyuktuncel to Nebraska. An official announcement will hopefully come soon, but at this point, I have zero clue when that might be.

***Because of how long the Buyuktuncel situation has played out, it makes sense that Nebraska continues to explore other options. The latest development is NU’s interest in Arkansas transfer Trevon Brazile.

The 6-10 forward went back into the transfer portal market this week after taking his name out of the NBA draft pool. Per reports, the Huskers quickly reached out and are among the early contenders for his services.

Georgetown and St. John’s are other schools that have initially reached out.

I don’t see Brazile’s recruitment as having anything to do with where things stand with Nebraska and Buyuktuncel. Brazile is a no-brainer talent that NU would take no matter what, and the Huskers have already invested so much time and effort into Buyuktuncel to cut ties now.

With two available scholarships for next season, Nebraska has the luxury of pursuing both.

Washut's latest.

***If you’re wondering what the heck is going on with Berke Buyuktuncel’s recruitment, you’re not alone. ICYMI, I put in an RPM for the UCLA transfer to commit to Nebraska last weekend.

I based the prediction on information I’d heard from a few credible sources. However, my confidence level wasn’t quite as high as some of my previous predictions.

Much of that has to do with how quiet and secretive this whole recruitment has been. There have been little to no updates throughout the process, making it extremely hard to get a solid read on where things stand.

From what I’ve heard, this has been a somewhat complicated process from the jump. A lot of that, I’m told, is due to figuring out the NIL numbers through the federal limitations of an international player on a student visa.

I know a ton of work has been done behind the scenes to get everything figured out, and I’ve heard the entire process described simply as “weird.”

That said, I’m still sticking with my RPM of Buyuktuncel to Nebraska. An official announcement will hopefully come soon, but at this point, I have zero clue when that might be.

***Because of how long the Buyuktuncel situation has played out, it makes sense that Nebraska continues to explore other options. The latest development is NU’s interest in Arkansas transfer Trevon Brazile.

The 6-10 forward went back into the transfer portal market this week after taking his name out of the NBA draft pool. Per reports, the Huskers quickly reached out and are among the early contenders for his services.

Georgetown and St. John’s are other schools that have initially reached out.

I don’t see Brazile’s recruitment as having anything to do with where things stand with Nebraska and Buyuktuncel. Brazile is a no-brainer talent that NU would take no matter what, and the Huskers have already invested so much time and effort into Buyuktuncel to cut ties now.

With two available scholarships for next season, Nebraska has the luxury of pursuing both.

This makes it sound like we are finalizing Berke while also throwing out our best for the Arky kid.

I’m all for it.

Bored 30 Rock GIF

Another Fred bet on a dude who was in the wrong system at UCLA. The Bruins under famous Rock Fighter Mick Cronin were 257 in offensive efficiency last season (Nebraska was 55). Hopefully some more pace and some more space helps out with the pretty meh offensive numbers for Berke

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back