Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Pedo State LIVE THREAD (1 Viewer)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Sloppy offense, but good defense and good shooting is really helping out. Oh yeah.....and Teddy going straight loco!!

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
My daughters are there tonight, they say it's a decent crowd. They say the crowd is at least into it. Some WBB girls there too.

Here's my question. Why do they vacate the key when someone shoots a three? The only time I saw anyone down low for a rebound was Eduardo...and he lost it.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
My daughters are there tonight, they say it's a decent crowd. They say the crowd is at least into it. Some WBB girls there too.

Here's my question. Why do they vacate the key when someone shoots a three? The only time I saw anyone down low for a rebound was Eduardo...and he lost it.

I'm not a basketball knowledge guru, but Hoiberg's teams at N never seemed to have rebounded well after the shot. I wonder if it's the style of offense, and most players being so far away from the basket?

I mean, I played basketball in high school but that doesn't count for comparison sake.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not a basketball knowledge guru, but Hoiberg's teams at N never seemed to have rebounded well after the shot. I wonder if it's the style of offense, and most players being so far away from the basket?

I mean, I played basketball in high school but that doesn't count for comparison sake.
A lot of teams basically ignore offensive rebounding and prefer to go and get set up in defense to stop quick buckets in transition

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
A lot of teams basically ignore offensive rebounding and prefer to go and get set up in defense to stop quick buckets in transition

Makes sense.

If platinum boarders knew what they were missing in this thread, they'd be in here pronto.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Our selfishness on offense kills us every time. When I take stats I count a bad shot as a turnover. I’d be curious how many points we give up on turnovers if you include that stat.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s a staple in pack line teams. I think with Hoiberg’s team players that are around the hoop rebound and everyone else transitions back. Since everyone stands around the perimeter with their head up their ass then there’s nothing left to do but head back and sort of play defense.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
Our selfishness on offense kills us every time. When I take stats I count a bad shot as a turnover. I’d be curious how many points we give up on turnovers if you include that stat.

Which surprises me a bit with HCFH at the helm. I'm sure he doesn't have the perfect combination of players yet in only the 2nd year.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Which surprises me a bit with HCFH at the helm. I'm sure he doesn't have the perfect combination of players yet in only the 2nd year.
I’d have to go back and look at his Cockeye State teams but I bet most of the guards get back on a shoot since teams really emphasize transition now. Hoiberg runs good sets but you can see missed screens all the time. It’s just bad execution. The covid break didn’t help with any of that but some of it is the personnel. Having a true point guard like Mack would help.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d have to go back and look at his Cockeyes State teams but I bet most of the guards get back on a shoot since teams really emphasize transition now. Hoiberg runs good sets but you can see missed screens all the time. It’s just bad execution. The covid break didn’t help with any of that but some of it is the personnel. Having a true point guard like Mack would help.

Agree. Another true point guard would help tremendously IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds