Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

Take away Ervins 27 yarder and Grant/Ervin went for a combined 16 carries and 54 yards last night. Sims being our leading rusher is not a recipe for success
It would actually be 15 carries because you're taking that carry away. Ill take 3.6 per carry all day. It's a 1st down.

Why do people do this? If you take the long run away then they ran for less yards per carry. If you take everyone's long runs away they'd be lucky to average 3.6. It makes no sense.

They need more carries than 16 but part of that was not a lot of plays.

It’d be different if last night didn’t essentially feel exactly the same as the previous staff. How many times did Frost teams win the box score and still lose?

Hint: a lot
The defense felt different compared to most games under Frost anyway. There were some outliers but I was ok with the defense last night.

Were giving up the shallow crosses the first half and for the most part took those away the 2nd half. Run D was good all game. No big blown assignments that I noticed. Only complaint is that we need to get more pressure.

It’d be different if last night didn’t essentially feel exactly the same as the previous staff. How many times did Frost teams win the box score and still lose?

Hint: a lot
the difference to me was the defense. they played really well for most of the game. if that was a Chinander defense Minnesota score 20+ and it's never that competitive

The defense felt different compared to most games under Frost anyway. There were some outliers but I was ok with the defense last night.

Were giving up the shallow crosses the first half and for the most part took those away the 2nd half. Run D was good all game. No big blown assignments that I noticed. Only complaint is that we need to get more pressure.
the difference to me was the defense. they played really well for most of the game. if that was a Chinander defense Minnesota score 20+ and it's never that competitive
I agree. The defense seemed much improved. I guess my overall sentiment for the game felt the same though. Get my hopes up and think, holy shit, we're actually going to win for once, only to end up with that exact same shit ass feeling at the end.

Depends what year Chinander. Last year Chinander probably gives up 30. But we had some really damn solid defensive performances too. One that comes to mind is when Michigan St had the #1 rushing attack in the country and we held them to like 15 yards in the second half. Of course lost that one because we punted the ball to the wrong side of the field.

Depends what year Chinander. Last year Chinander probably gives up 30. But we had some really damn solid defensive performances too. One that comes to mind is when Michigan St had the #1 rushing attack in the country and we held them to like 15 yards in the second half. Of course lost that one because we punted the ball to the wrong side of the field.
That's probably the best defensive game in a long time.

I agree. The defense seemed much improved. I guess my overall sentiment for the game felt the same though. Get my hopes up and think, holy shit, we're actually going to win for once, only to end up with that exact same shit ass feeling at the end.
I'm trying to keep in mind that Minnesota is a much better team than we've lost to the last 2 openers. 2021 Illinois had a brand new staff and NW last year was the worst P5 team. at least we choking away wins against a better class of assholes now

Here's my take, not that it matters.

My approach to the season has been very cautious. Last night was hard because I reverted back to the frost era as a fan. Now that I've slept on it and survived the jump off the cliff I'm still very cautious when getting excited about this season. Our roster is not good. It's very clear our oline was and is going to struggle. I knew that and it was clear last night, although they weren't as bad as last season either.

I'm looking for this team to get better as the season progresses. You saw it last night; we were better in the 2nd half vs the 1st half. I want to see CU play, but I think we can beat them because we played physical football. Do they have the dudes to play physical? We will see tomorrow. Beyond that we get a couple easy ones and hopefully improve from there.

What makes this loss sting, is Rhule preached and preached body blows on offense and when things got tight, it just looked like Frost's strategy on repeat. Husker fans are cutting him no slack today, and rightfully so imo.

Brothers, settle down...everybody seemed to pick Minnesota before the game except the Golden Domer including more the half this board and now we are freaked out. We were lucky to even be in a position to win, from what I saw we were much slower and less physical than they were across the board. We need to hit the transfer portal hard and we need to find some linemen that are not 6'6 and can actually move more than two steps without falling down. I thought we were better coached, you can't have veteran dipshits commit penalties and fumble the damn ball. If we still look like this next year then I will join the rest of you so please keep a pitch fork on reserve for me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back