Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska ESPN FPI Analytics for 2023

Anyone got 2024 portal QB targets or a plan to contract the program?

Serious question here, but don't you think we need to probably take 2 in the portal if possible? I don't know what you're going to get at the FBS level, but I would be scouring the FCS level for a top performer that might be looking to move up to prove himself.

Serious question here, but don't you think we need to probably take 2 in the portal if possible? I don't know what you're going to get at the FBS level, but I would be scouring the FCS level for a top performer that might be looking to move up to prove himself.
Gotta take at least one older guy

and then a younger guy since we didn't take a HS QB last year

Offense efficiency is ranked 116, defense is 35, special teams is 69
Approve South Park GIF

They absolutely need to take 2. I doubt Chubba or Haarberg are the answers so I'd approach it as if Kaelin is the only QB on campus

It is nice not being the laughing stock of special teams for once. (knock on wood)

Revised after Clemson-Duke game. We have a higher % chance of winning 6 games than Colorado.

1. We are ranked 52nd overall in the FPI rankings. We went up 1 spot.

2. Overall efficiencies (offense, defense, special teams) rank is 39th. Nebraska has a 53.2% chance of winning 6 games.

3. Offensive efficiency is 78th.

4. Defensive efficiency is 26th.

5. Special teams efficiency is 21st.

Colorado is ranked:

1. 71st overall in the FPI rankings. Went up 31 spots. Colorado has a 32.4% chance of winning 6 games.

2. Overall efficiencies rank is 32nd.

3. Offensive efficiency is 14th.

4. Defensive efficiency is 75rd.

5. Special teams efficiency is 92nd.
Jeff Sims sort of distorts the analytics.

After week 3:

1. Our overall efficiencies rank is 70. 114th ranked offense, 21st ranked defense, 68th ranked special teams.
2. We are ranked 68th overall in the ESPN's FPI rankings and 2nd to last in the Big 10.

Remaining opponents FPI ranking:
1. Louisiana Tech is ranked 115th.
2. Michigan is ranked 14th.
3. Illinois is ranked 52nd.
4. Northwestern is ranked 71st.
5. Purdoodoo is ranked 60th.
6. Michigan State is ranked 48th.
7. Maryland is 39th.
8. Wisconsin is 34th.
9. Cockeye is ranked 33rd.

After week 3:

1. Our overall efficiencies rank is 70. 114th ranked offense, 21st ranked defense, 68th ranked special teams.
2. We are ranked 68th overall in the ESPN's FPI rankings and 2nd to last in the Big 10.

7. Maryland is 39th.
8. Wisconsin is 34th.
we are going bowlin and I’ll be shits if we dont. if we don’t, i got my gel cap immodiums to prevent shits creek

After week 3:

7. Maryland is 39th.
8. Wisconsin is 34th.
Our turnovers per game is basically 1.5 TOs/game higher than the D1 average. If we could somehow just get back to average in terms of turnovers I think our offensive efficiency would jump up to 60-70ish. If we can play a clean game (huge if) we would be on par with Maryland, Michigan State and Illinois more or less.

Our turnovers per game is basically 1.5 TOs/game higher than the D1 average. If we could somehow just get back to average in terms of turnovers I think our offensive efficiency would jump up to 60-70ish. If we can play a clean game (huge if) we would be on par with Maryland, Michigan State and Illinois more or less.
The Simulation™’s whole M.O. is making us so unbelievably bad at something it defies all logic. Outrageously bad turnover margin has been a mainstay here for over 15 years. Other factors change from year to year, but that has always been pretty consistent.

It doesn’t matter what we do. The Simulation™ will always make sure the end result is the same.

After week 3:

7. Maryland is 39th.
8. Wisconsin is 34th.
I find it interesting that Colorado is 48th in efficiencies, 64th in the FPI, yet they are ranked 19th in the polls. Looks like they aren't as good as the hype.

ESPN predicts that we will beat Northwestern and Purdoodoo

So right now ESPN has us accomplishing a magical 4-8 season in Rhules first year

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back