Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLB 2024 Thread (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Who wins the World Series this year? I'm a Dodgers fan so I assume Dodgers but they do this thing where they choke in the playoffs every year.

Here's ESPN's power rankings:

Kaladin

Elite Member

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Lets Go Sport GIF by Kansas City Royals

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Dodgers or Braves gotta be considered the favorite, but it’s about time the Yankees end their WS drought….
Excited Lets Go GIF by Jomboy Media

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I care more than girls basketball but not by a lot. Just no real affinity for a team. Think you have to have a favorite team to really get into a sport.

Way more interested in college baseball. Even with Nebraska being a mediocre program.

Kaladin

Elite Member
Would be cool if someone did. 8 might even get season tickets.
I think the Omaha-Council Bluffs-Lincoln + surrounding areas could support an MLB team

There’s nothing really going on in the area from March-September

Weekend games would get big attendance

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Die hard royals fan here. Their playoff runs in 2014 and 2015 were probably the most fun I've had watching sports in a long long time....maybe ever. Definitely the best for me since the glory years of Nebraska.

I have some optimism for them this year. 75 to 80 wins seems somewhat achievable and 85 might win the Central. It's a terrible division right now.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Probably the Braves @Dawgsauce
I like Atlanta's chances. Year after they knocked offensive records out of the park, but fail to carry through in the postseason they need to have that issue figured out. The off season has been productive. Once the season starts we'll see how healthy the team can stay and how they deal with injury replacements, something they have excelled at the last few years. Dodgers will be a tough team since the brought in Jesus Christ, Santa, and Babe Ruth. Who is your team again? I forgot.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like Atlanta's chances. Year after they knocked offensive records out of the park, but fail to carry through in the postseason they need to have that issue figured out. The off season has been productive. Once the season starts we'll see how healthy the team can stay and how they deal with injury replacements, something they have excelled at the last few years. Dodgers will be a tough team since the brought in Jesus Christ, Santa, and Babe Ruth. Who is your team again? I forgot.
I don’t really have a team. Growing up in Nebraska (no team) then Colorado (basically no team) made it hard to ever get into MLB. My best friend growing up was a Braves fan though so I used to go to games with him.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I was hoping that the Padres would've succeeded last year but failed with the stacked roster. As long as the Yankees suck, I really don't care.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds