Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Minneapolis Recs (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
wouldn’t be a problem if we had fewer shitty tippers.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here at all. I legitimately don't know. But are you expected to pay a 20% tip on top of the 18% surcharge? If so, I don't understand pointing out the surcharge, why not just build it into the price and not say anything at all and pay your employees whatever you think is fair?

KidsSeeGhosts

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here at all. I legitimately don't know. But are you expected to pay a 20% tip on top of the 18% surcharge? If so, I don't understand pointing out the surcharge, why not just build it into the price and not say anything at all and pay your employees whatever you think is fair?
For sure, Surcharge replaces tips

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
For sure, Surcharge replaces tips
Then that makes sense. I read that wrong and thought they were adding 18% and saying you should tip.

I always tip 20% unless the service is just crazy good then I'll tip more. But I also understand that there are folks out there that don't tip worth a shit.

KidsSeeGhosts

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Then that makes sense. I read that wrong and thought they were adding 18% and saying you should tip.

I always tip 20% unless the service is just crazy good then I'll tip more. But I also understand that there are folks out there that don't tip worth a shit.
Yeah, I honestly appreciate when places are just explicit about it because I've definitely drunkenly overpaid when not paying attention to the bill when it's just a random line item. No tip -> service charge probably is closer to the default these days for the new places I've seen open up around here the last couple years.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Is the George Floyd memorial still up?
The real question is...how buttoned up is Minnesota's football stadium? Any time I go to a city, I'm gonna try to get into the football stadium. Did it last year in College Station.

E13F29C0-8B89-41DD-8625-06FC4D18FCAE.jpeg

Just last week, my sons and I set off an alarm at Tyler Rose Stadium in East Texas.

Have been going into football stadiums and locker rooms since I was little. Any town we drove through with my dad and little brother we always stopped and looked at the football field. Didn't matter if it was Texas Stadium or some piece of shit high school field, we were gonna check it out.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds