Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Food/Bar Scene in Minneapolis (2 Viewers)

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Resident - let me drop a few recs:

- Mancinis for steak. It’s easy to get a seat, drinks are good, and you can hit a few bars afterward.
- Martina is my favorite spot in town. Tough to get a seat but it’s my favorite meal and service.
- Bar La Grassa has fantastic pasta. You can usually sit at the bar and watch them make it but reservations are gone for the dining room that weekend last I checked.
- Matt’s makes a good juicy lucy. Not to be confused with your favorite tri delt, up here it’s a burger stuffed with cheese. If you’re a tourist it’s worth a stop. Im good for one a year. Order with curds and a Mich Golden.
- if breweries are your thing we’ve got a ton. Surly and Bauhaus are my favorites. Most breweries up here serve THC seltzers so be careful when you order (or don’t).

Surprising lack of good brunch in town but you could throw a rock and hit great coffee. Same goes for asian food. Too many great spots to name and we always try somewhere new.

Fleck and I live over by Lake Minnetonka and the weather should be nice enough that it warrants a trip. Maynard’s has a huge lakefront patio and we usually go for happy hour. If you want to ball 6smith has a great patio too but it’s a $20 cocktail. It’s a decent drive from the stadium but it’s definitely worth staying over here since it’s going to be a beaut. If I were coming in from out of town I’d try to stay by the lake.

Lyon’s Pub is the husker bar. We used to go to games over there and it’s a good time.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

- Mancinis for steak. It’s easy to get a seat, drinks are good, and you can hit a few bars afterward.
- Martina is my favorite spot in town. Tough to get a seat but it’s my favorite meal and service.
- Bar La Grassa has fantastic pasta. You can usually sit at the bar and watch them make it but reservations are gone for the dining room that weekend last I checked.
- Matt’s makes a good juicy lucy. Not to be confused with your favorite tri delt, up here it’s a burger stuffed with cheese. If you’re a tourist it’s worth a stop. Im good for one a year. Order with curds and a Mich Golden.
- if breweries are your thing we’ve got a ton. Surly and Bauhaus are my favorites. Most breweries up here serve THC seltzers so be careful when you order (or don’t).

Surprising lack of good brunch in town but you could throw a rock and hit great coffee. Same goes for asian food. Too many great spots to name and we always try somewhere new.

Fleck and I live over by Lake Minnetonka and the weather should be nice enough that it warrants a trip. Maynard’s has a huge lakefront patio and we usually go for happy hour. If you want to ball 6smith has a great patio too but it’s a $20 cocktail. It’s a decent drive from the stadium but it’s definitely worth staying over here since it’s going to be a beaut. If I were coming in from out of town I’d try to stay by the lake.

Lyon’s Pub is the husker bar. We used to go to games over there and it’s a good time.
The Lowry had pretty good brunch when I lived there in the mid-2010s.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

Second Martina. Matt's is a great stop (but IIRC it's a little out of the way depending on how much you want to travel, and bring cash).

Quang's is a must for me whenever I have the time when I stop through. Phenom Viet food.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

Shamrocks or the Nook are better than Matt’s. Always get the leprechaun legs.

LoinRipper

Bench Warmer

Thank you. Looking forward to Lyon’s!

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member

I went to graduate school at Minnesota. Juicy Lucy brings back memories. So good.

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member

On Friday - get up late from sleeping off a victory hangover, go to the 1029 Bar in NE Minnie, get the lobster roll or the shrimp po’ boy and a side of lobster Mac. Thank me later.

Friday night sneak out to Stillwater, grab dinner and the best cocktail of your life (order ‘The Breakfast Club’ drink) at Stillwater Proper. After dinner walk over to Ziggy’s or The Freighthouse for a little music.

Sleep over at The Crosby Hotel, before bed check out one of the 200+ whiskey choices in their bar. In the morning look for the Searay with the Husker flag right near the lift bridge and park and I’ll toss you a beer.

Enjoy the river views, shop or drink or do both all day (take a break for a quick trip to The Velveteen speakeasy for a prohibition era Sidecar), enjoy the area, wrap up the night with great bar food, trash music and a damn fine night at PD Pappy’s.

Sunday, your on your own. Unless you want a great breakfast at the Oasis.

And there are so many other great spots all over the metro. Have fun, Go Big Red!

LoinRipper

Bench Warmer
“LoinRipper” lmao
On Friday - get up late from sleeping off a victory hangover, go to the 1029 Bar in NE Minnie, get the lobster roll or the shrimp po’ boy and a side of lobster Mac. Thank me later.

Friday night sneak out to Stillwater, grab dinner and the best cocktail of your life (order ‘The Breakfast Club’ drink) at Stillwater Proper. After dinner walk over to Ziggy’s or The Freighthouse for a little music.

Sleep over at The Crosby Hotel, before bed check out one of the 200+ whiskey choices in their bar. In the morning look for the Searay with the Husker flag right near the lift bridge and park and I’ll toss you a beer.

Enjoy the river views, shop or drink or do both all day (take a break for a quick trip to The Velveteen speakeasy for a prohibition era Sidecar), enjoy the area, wrap up the night with great bar food, trash music and a damn fine night at PD Pappy’s.

Sunday, your on your own. Unless you want a great breakfast at the Oasis.

And there are so many other great spots all over the metro. Have fun, Go Big Red!
Hell ya. Looking forward to the Friday morning victory foggy brain. Thanks for the recs!!

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member

Good list! I'll have to try some of these when I'm in town next

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds