Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Matt Rhule reportedly declines Nebraska job (1 Viewer)

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I’ll play devils advocate. Let’s say Turd had his guy wrapped up for awhile now. I believe what he’s doing is playing long ball with Wisconsin and the only 2 names for that job are Leonard and LL. I believe what Turd could be doing is driving up the price LL because Wisconsin is too cheap and will settle for Leonard and will hurt them in the long run due to his inexperience.

As for Rhule, I think Turd made an offer to him but it was incentive based and Rhule may have balked at it. Rhule thinks he’s worth more than he really is and may not end up at a P5 program and will be doing TV next year. That could be why he’s out there now saying how he wants to coach and etc. I could be totally off, just throwing it out there since I find it odd that Kentucky would give Stoops a raise who really achieved nothing but mediocrity in the SEC. Agents are trying to make their $$$ right now due to the lack of job openings.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
I might be wrong, but I’m just missing how Carolina would have that much control over what Rhule’s next employer pays him. They can dispute it not being “fair market value,” but I’m missing how that challenge would kill this entire deal. Maybe a snag, sure. But the idea that Carolina basically stopped us from getting our top candidate is something I don’t believe to be true. I think there’s another explanation.
Thank you!!

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sounds like bullshit to me

MKR must be our guy, unless its Urban or #2ndChoice
Amy Poehler Expectations GIF

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
That’s the thing… you’d think litigation would happen AFTER we employed him and not before. The point of contention isn’t his employment, it’s the rate of pay.

Unless I got a hard stop from counsel, I’d proceed and let those claims be settled in court later. Carolina can’t stop him from working.

If he’s your top guy, go get this deal closed.
I’m of the opinion Rhule just didn’t want the job, could be as simple as that

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Are we sure this isn’t just another burner account for that Genetics56 douchebag?
Almost certainly not. They have very different posting styles. Genetics56 throws absolutely everything at the wall to see what sticks. 90% of it is wrong, but he toots his horn when the 10% vaguely hits. B1GHuskers contributes absolutely nothing except that he knows who the hire is.

Huskers12392

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I might be wrong, but I’m just missing how Carolina would have that much control over what Rhule’s next employer pays him. They can dispute it not being “fair market value,” but I’m missing how that challenge would kill this entire deal. Maybe a snag, sure. But the idea that Carolina basically stopped us from getting our top candidate is something I don’t believe to be true. I think there’s another explanation.
My only thought is there is apprehension from Rhule to sign an agreement with the pending arbitration to come after he signs onto the Nebraska deal. If the arbitrator rules in favor of what Carolina is saying they thinkg FMV is and we are below it, he just lost out on money. Im sure he wants clarity in that situation.

Thats what I am going with because it makes me feel a lot better to blame someone else opposed to it likely just being Rhule changing his mind and instead wanting to wait out a job he deemed more attractive.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
If you’re getting to a point in the process where you’re flying in to speak with someone; you’d better know if you want to work this year.
I don’t disagree that he wants to work, Im just of the opinion he saw all that this specific job entailed and he didn’t want to deal with it

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don’t disagree that he wants to work, Im just of the opinion he saw all that this specific job entailed and he didn’t want to deal with it

From the point that his people reached out to us about 6-7 weeks ago to now he’s had plenty of time to evaluate. I’m not sure he would have taken a flight to Lincoln if he didn’t know what he was getting himself into.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If they said FMV was 10M, that might mean that, practically speaking, we had to pay Rhule 10M a year for him to take the job. If we weren't willing
to do that, it would at least cause a temporary impasse if not kill the deal altogether.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
My only thought is there is apprehension from Rhule to sign an agreement with the pending arbitration to come after he signs onto the Nebraska deal. If the arbitrator rules in favor of what Carolina is saying they thinkg FMV is and we are below it, he just lost out on money. Im sure he wants clarity in that situation.

Thats what I am going with because it makes me feel a lot better to blame someone else opposed to it likely just being Rhule changing his mind and instead wanting to wait out a job he deemed more attractive.

If we were there and that was his worry, I think we could have found a way to ensure that he wouldn’t find himself worse off in any situation. 40m is a lot of money. But the difference between what his FMV and what Carolina would pay him is likely small enough that it shouldn’t have been an obstacle to us getting our top choice.

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

Either we’ve signed Rhule and he’s the guy, or he left us at the alter after he led us on for over a month.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s the thing… you’d think litigation would happen AFTER we employed him and not before. The point of contention isn’t his employment, it’s the rate of pay.

Unless I got a hard stop from counsel, I’d proceed and let those claims be settled in court later. Carolina can’t stop him from working.

If he’s your top guy, go get this deal closed.
Carolina can't stop him from working. But if we were offering, say, $10M, and they wouldn't make up the differfence, he probably would rather stay home or look for someone who would pay him $10M.

For this to work, Carolina either has to believe he can get more than we offered, or be willing to pay him to stay home. Tepper might be that much of a s---

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds