Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lane Train (1 Viewer)

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Your lifespan coaching at Auburn is 4 years max and THAT is if you've had great success during your time at Auburn .. Ole Miss could match or come close to Matching Auburn's money, and the expectations are not as insane .. Plus Auburn has to play Georgia every year for an extra added tough game .. Maybe that all goes away with a new SEC format .. but I don't see what is all that great about taking the Auburn job when you're at Ole Miss with how crazy those expectations are there

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think that has been the assumption all along.

The only thing I thought might hold this up is Lane thinking he wanted to go after the Alabama job if Saban retires in the next year or two.

Ole Miss maybe gonna go after Jeff Lebby?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Your lifespan coaching at Auburn is 4 years max and THAT is if you're a great coach .. Ole Miss could match or come close to Matching Auburn's money, and the expectations are not as insane .. Plus Auburn has to play Georgia every year for an extra added tough game .. Maybe that all goes away with a new SEC format .. but I don't see what is all that great about taking the Auburn job when you're at Ole Miss with how crazy those expectations are there
But the ceiling at Auburn is so much higher. Kiffin has reached Ole Miss' peak already.

Auburn supposedly has NIL money in the $13 million range, has great proximity to Atlanta which is the top recruiting area in the nation and has won a national championship and played for another in the past 20 years.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
But the ceiling at Auburn is so much higher. Kiffin has reached Ole Miss' peak already.

Auburn supposedly has NIL money in the $13 million range, has great proximity to Atlanta which is the top recruiting area in the nation and has won a national championship and played for another in the past 20 years.

Agree that NIL money is better at Auburn, and also agree on the recruiting proximity .. Disagree that Lane has reached his ceiling at Ole Miss ..

I just think Auburn is an overwhelmingly stressful job with the expectations and the booster insanity. Lane could pull 9+ win seasons at Ole Miss and keep his job for a decade+ .. Sooner than later .. that will get you fired at Auburn.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Agree that NIL money is better at Auburn, and also agree on the recruiting proximity .. Disagree that Lane has reached his ceiling at Ole Miss ..

I just think Auburn is an overwhelmingly stressful job with the expectations and the booster insanity. Lane could pull 9+ win seasons at Ole Miss and keep his job for a decade+ .. Sooner than later .. that will get you fired at Auburn.
And then you're living the buy out life.

Ole Miss has a ceiling. They've never played in the SEC Championship game. They did split the SEC West in 2003 with LSU but lost the tiebreaker to play in the championship. They last won their conference in 1963. You have to go back to 1973 to find a coach that has a better winning percentage than Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss. They can play the transfer game with schools like Auburn but they can not recruit at the level Auburn can at the high school ranks.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Kiffin goes to Auburn, has success, then leaves them for Bama in a couple years after Saban retires. It would make that night on Rocky Top look like a pillow fight.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

No clue if this guy knows anything

If true, this may help us because it makes it less likely Rhule gets hired by someone if we don't hire him. But we still need a back-up hire that is believable to the Panthers.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

No clue if this guy knows anything

Great hire if true and yet frustrating that we fired our coach a long time before them and are now tracking planes that are picking up Armed Services Coaches and coaches who fizzled out claiming burn out. If Turd fucks this up like it feels like he is trending towards I'll pay the $1.99 at GoDaddy to get the Domain Name WWW.FireTrev.com.

Is Turd in over his head?

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Mr T Crying GIF

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Always weird to me when coaches jump jobs in the same division. But with OU and Texas joining the SEC divisions could change.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds