Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Lake of the Ozarks - Boat Charter Recs (1 Viewer)

Phantom Husker

Bench Warmer
Insider
Elite Member
I've been down to Lake of the Ozarks a dozen times, but always with access to a boat that we used. My fiance is having her bachelorette party down there next month and her and her friends are staying at my buddy's house which is close to Tap & Grill in Gravois Mills. I wanted to rent them a party boat that comes with a driver to go from bar to bar, preferably with coolers they can bring on the boat. I looked into Playing Hooky and they're completely sold out. Not looking for a yacht or anything like that, but a good sized party boat type and struggling to find different options. There's going to be about 10-12 women in their early to mid 20's on the boat.

Anyone have any contacts they recommend? I probably should have booked something 6-9 months ago, but this whole thing came together in the last month or so. It's a little bit tougher with me not being there and not being able to call or text a few of my contacts down there.

Thanks guys.
PH

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
bachelorette party down there next month

wa1fmzlkbozy.gif

Phantom Husker

Bench Warmer
Insider
Elite Member
I called and spoke with JG this morning (owner of Shady Gaytors) and he sent me a "captain Gabe's" number, but waiting to hear back. Would also be interested in a party bus contact if anyone has one for another night. Need to get them to Big Dicks for minnow shots. The last time I had the minnow shot it was a few years ago during the St. Patty's Day bar crawl down there and they were growing over the winter in the tank and my Irish Car Bomb looked like there was a small-mouth bass in it.

As always, thanks guys.
PH

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I called and spoke with JG this morning (owner of Shady Gaytors) and he sent me a "captain Gabe's" number, but waiting to hear back. Would also be interested in a party bus contact if anyone has one for another night. Need to get them to Big Dicks for minnow shots. The last time I had the minnow shot it was a few years ago during the St. Patty's Day bar crawl down there and they were growing over the winter in the tank and my Irish Car Bomb looked like there was a small-mouth bass in it.

As always, thanks guys.
PH
JG is a good guy. He's the son in law of one of my real estate partners. Shady Gaytors is a wild place. Not sure I'd want my 20 something fiancee going there with her little hottie friends as it gets a little debaucherous. It's a drunken Trashy Frat Party. People getting too drunk plus most are young people who go there by car so you get some riff raff from the big cities that's looking for trouble.

If they are staying by Tap n Grill they'd want to hit Coconuts during the day as it has a fun pool scene. Kinda a Vegas Pool Bar atmosphere. Tap n Grill is the old people pool bar, which isn't a bad thing as it is still fun just not a bunch of dumbass kids. I'd arrange a driver to take them to and from the Strip for a night of partying. Backwater Jacks is another good place for Bachelorette Parties. Big pool bar without an over abundance of the trashy people there, besides me. That's one of our favorite bars.

Biggest question would be the type of boat due to the number of people. On rentals boats there are limits to how many people can be on certain types of boats after that Duck Boat Accident on Table Rock Lake. Some rent a pontoon boat and then hire a captain. Then there is the option of getting a captain who owns a boat. Certified Captains typically charge $50-$75/hour down here just to drive a boat with an additional charge if they are using their own boat.

I was trying to think if I had any friends who might do it. A few of my friends have 40 foot cruisers that are always looking for an excuse to go out on the water and they know their shit. Problem is none of them live by Tap n Grill and those cruisers eat up the gas. Would be a 20 mile trek each way to get to which would eat up a few hundred in gas. I live at the 25 mile marker and Tap n Grill is at the 6 mile marker. If it was closer to me I'd volunteer to get them out on the water a little bit for a couple quick bar hops but not for a big excursion.

ACroke22

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Aqua Toys Rentals took care of us for my brother in laws bachelor party a few years ago. Chevy is the owner, he took care of everything. Got us two pontoon boats with captains for each. Real good guy. We stayed near Shady Gaytors and his guys picked us up and we went to Coconuts and gave us a ride back. Would definitely recommend. Was about $99 pp for 13 guys for the day.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds