Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Lacy has Decommitted (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If we lose or have a decommit it’s because of money.

If we win it’s because of culture and relationships.

Just the facts.
Sarcastic Romany Malco GIF by ABC Network

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
It is interesting we are going after the Philly running back so hard. I suspect the coaches knew, but can’t sure about that.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I couldn't disagree more. there's not a single RB returning next year who is a legit starting talent

we need 3 new RBs between transfers and recruits
I was going to agree with you, then I thought about the RBs in college football this season. None of them are all that great. The era of the dominant running back just feels like it's over.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
TBF though when Mongo makes the statement "______ recruit declined to speak with us, but I still think his commitment is sold".....we know that ______ recruit is 10000% gone.

That's literally what Mongo said about Lacy last week in Tunnel Talk.
Did he spell solid wrong and write sold...lol fucking Mongo.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did he spell solid wrong and write sold...lol fucking Mongo.
That was my spelling error. Freudian slip I guess.

Though TBH when a historical 4-8 program loses a commitment to a program like Ole Miss or Alabama, I highly doubt NIL was the main factor. I just think the recruit would rather play for a 10-2 program than a 4-8 program. When we lose a Lacy or a Rouse like that I usually think the reason is that simple.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
That was my spelling error. Freudian slip I guess.

Though TBH when a historical 4-8 program loses a commitment to a program like Ole Miss or Alabama, I highly doubt NIL was the main factor. I just think the recruit would rather play for a 10-2 program than a 4-8 program. When we lose a Lacy or a Rouse like that I usually think the reason is that simple.
And let's be honest, it is so easy to negatively recruit against us with as inept as our offense has looked this year. Going to be a battle to keep any skill player worth a damn. I expect Barney to flip as well.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
And let's be honest, it is so easy to negatively recruit against us with as inept as our offense has looked this year. Going to be a battle to keep any skill player worth a damn. I expect Barney to flip as well.
Yeah me too.

Our biggest selling point is the "you'll play right away" sales pitch. But a lot of better schools can say that too. With roster turnover what it is, even top 15 schools can say that to a recruit and actually mean it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds