Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Lacy has Decommitted (3 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Have to keep winning and stay winning.

NIL is great, but kids like this are going to want to play on a good team and one that increases their chances to get to the NFL.

Recruits like Lacy are looking for millions in the NFL not just thousands in college.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

NIL is great, but kids like this are going to want to play on a team that increases their chances to get to the NFL.

Recruits like Lacy are looking for millions in the NFL not just thousands in college.
I don't think it's actually this deep. I think the kid just wants to play in the SEC.

Husker1

Defensive Lineman
Do we have any other priority targets at RB for the 2024 class? Appears Barthel put all his eggs into the Lacy basket. It is wild to think that with our blatantly stated goal of running the ball with the RB, we aren’t taking 2 or even 3 in this class. Especially considering injuries.

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
Do we have any other priority targets at RB for the 2024 class? Appears Barthel put all his eggs into the Lacy basket. It is wild to think that with our blatantly stated goal of running the ball with the RB, we aren’t taking 2 or even 3 in this class. Especially considering injuries.
Have to imagine they are eyeing JUCO.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I don't think it's actually this deep. I think the kid just wants to play in the SEC.
Agree, but it kind of goes along with what I'm saying, the SEC still puts the most players in the NFL.

I just think some people are seeing NIL as this great equalizer and I'm sure it does make a difference with some but the best kids are still going to want to play for the best teams.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I gotta be honest, I don't pay attention to recruiting at all anymore. So many 4-star busts, so much randomness. I hope Rhule and the gang find the right guys and I hope they do well once they're here. That's about all I got!

giphy.gif

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Alabama’s of the world can come in late, come in with a shitty sales pitch, mustard stain on their shirt, and still get a kid like this to flip. Must be nice.

The good news is Nebraska identified a really talented kid early and they didn’t wait around for confirmation from other teams. Keep doing that and you’ll hit on some good ones.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I couldn't disagree more. there's not a single RB returning next year who is a legit starting talent

we need 3 new RBs between transfers and recruits
I like Johnson a lot and there's been some good things said about Ives. I would like 1 starter from the portal and Ervin and Rhamir can be depth.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

NIL is great, but kids like this are going to want to play on a good team and one that increases their chances to get to the NFL.

Nebraska or Alabama for a RB isn't a hard decision. I'm amazed he picked us over Ole Miss. Would be surprised if it has anything to do with NIL.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
RB's are a dime a dozen, why do you think NFL teams don't want to pay them anymore. You need Qb's, Receivers and OLINE first by far.

This isn't the NFL and places like Nebraska will be utilizing the RB position more than other schools. This is a loss, but there's still plenty of time before signing day and there's always the transfer portal. But part of me feels he got a better NIL offer somewhere else because the tards at 1890 completely suck

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds