Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kid suspended for wearing eyeblack that idot administration deemed "blackface." (1 Viewer)

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
I have made my kid wash off his eye black for a baseball game because it was a little too close to blackface. I feel like if your eyes aren't completely engulfed by eye black then you're probably OK. My kid's eye black was basically his whole face, he had no idea why I was so pissed when I saw it. He was completely oblivious to what blackface even was. It's not a kid issue, it's an adult overreaction issue. Unless in fact it IS blackface. What this kid did is NOT blackface. TBH this pattern of eye black does look stupid though.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Something something I smell a lawsuit coming.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Meanwhile, here's a picture of the Prime Minister of Canada.
View attachment 29593
92bf7c45-6afd-4128-b19e-7a324b083596_text.gif

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have made my kid wash off his eye black for a baseball game because it was a little too close to blackface. I feel like if your eyes aren't completely engulfed by eye black then you're probably OK. My kid's eye black was basically his whole face, he had no idea why I was so pissed when I saw it. He was completely oblivious to what blackface even was. It's not a kid issue, it's an adult overreaction issue. Unless in fact it IS blackface. What this kid did is NOT blackface. TBH this pattern of eye black does look stupid though.
Lets be real though if a kid does accidental blackface it's a teachable moment not a suspension

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The school was already failing him because he believes his eyes are under his chin.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Has eye black gotten easier to remove since 2008? It was enough of a pain in the ass to remove a simple line from below my eyes, I can't imagine rubbing my entire face raw to get all of that shit off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds