Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June Recruiting Thread (39 Viewers)

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Not Amused GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Is it just me or has our QB commit disappeared? Has anybody seen any evidence of peer recruiting?

Generally this class doesn't seem to have the "peer recruiting" chops in comparison to previous classes. I don't see someone really stepping up in that role.

It's a strange class.
That's an interesting thought. I would say that we really don't have our headliner in this class yet. Lateef and Parker are both solid and very good pickups, but they do seem to lack a little bit of something. I could see Christian Jones steeping into that role if he jumps on board sooner than later. It wouldn't be too much later than last years peer recruiter (Danny Kaelin) who committed in June as well.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Maybe we should just check back in July and re-assess.

I firmly believe that this class will look completely different if Nebraska wins 9-10 games. 6-8 it probably doesn’t move the needle much.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Is it just me or has our QB commit disappeared? Has anybody seen any evidence of peer recruiting?

Generally this class doesn't seem to have the "peer recruiting" chops in comparison to previous classes. I don't see someone really stepping up in that role.

It's a strange class.
It seems like they're using Raiola more as a "QB peer recruiter" for the '25 class, which is a bit out of the ordinary but makes sense for our purposes as he has much more cachet and name recognition that Lateef does.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

It's a strange class.
Maybe he's just overshadowed by last year's QB 'mitt being featued in all the social media.

20240601_025347-jpg.38004

20240601_170039-jpg.38022

Last edited:

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Something tells me this weekend's visit to Lincoln isn't going to go very well for him......

Well see if he actually ends up visiting. I saw a video of him in Lambos at USC last weekend and thought yeah we are probably out of this one.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Will this class be Top 25 when all said and done? Still (as of right now) a lot left on the board, but it keeps on getting thinner by the day.

A very diverse looking group, also (as of right now).
Probably similar to last year minus the Raiola type player. They took 30 plus last year so we'll see if they take that many again. If they start getting some wins who knows where they could end up.

If they have a good season this year I think we'll start to see the real impact in the 2026 class though.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Probably similar to last year minus the Raiola type player. They took 30 plus last year so we'll see if they take that many again. If they start getting some wins who knows where they could end up.

If they have a good season this year I think we'll start to see the real impact in the 2026 class though.
Feels like a lot of the 'momentum' there was once has faded.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds