Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June Recruiting Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Don’t forget Cricket
aint nobody got time for that GIF

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Same story, different year. Hyped for the possibility of blue chip croots from March-June but then forced to gaslight ourselves into thinking a 3 star lb from Cockeye is actually a “gem” and was going to be a top target for us all along.
Did you really feel like that last year?

Rhule added a 4 star edger rusher that no one ever heard of a week before signing day last year.

Recruiting is fine and after we win 8-10 games this year no other team can continue to tell recruits they will never win anything at Nebraska.

Just calm down and have some patience.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Realistically, we're going to have to put up some dubs before we get a major haul of 5 star/high 4 star guys. The fact that we're a top 2 head to head with CFP blue blood schools is progress from frequently being in a top 3-4 group & running 3rd/4th. Have a good run this fall, and we can get over that final hurdle, maybe even flip some dudes who initially made a different choice.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Couple thoughts -

The strategy to bring in high level recruits for early officials (besides Lateef) has not worked out so far. It looks like we are pretty much out of it already with the recruits that officially visited for the spring game after this last weekend. I can post the rest of the updates but I don't want to depress you guys anymore than I have already.

NIL, new facilities, great staff, and even getting Dylan are all great advantages we have but it still is going to come down to winning. For now all of those things are just icing on the shit cake that is seven losing seasons.

We have a chance this year to put together a good winning season and if we start winning it might bring some of the guys we missed out on back into the fold or get the attention of some new guys. If we don't we will continue to get a couple top guys, some of the local good guys, and the diamond in the rough guys Rhule is known for.

TLDR version -
"Just Win Baby"

Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Couple thoughts -

The strategy to bring in high level recruits for early officials (besides Lateef) has not worked out so far. It looks like we are pretty much out of it already with the recruits that officially visited for the spring game after this last weekend. I can post the rest of the updates but I don't want to depress you guys anymore than I have already.
I'm not sure this is a strategy as much as it is driven by necessity. The recruiting calendar has moved up, and most of the very top guys hold their later OV dates for the current "top powers". I think this was realistically the only time we get some of these guys to visit. We get them to come, there is always a chance and even if it doesn't pan out the visits are good pub for the program.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
Did you really feel like that last year?

Rhule added a 4 star edger rusher that no one ever heard of a week before signing day last year.

Recruiting is fine and after we win 8-10 games this year no other team can continue to tell recruits they will never win anything at Nebraska.

Just calm down and have some patience.
Last year the spring game was a who’s who of blue chip guys coming into town. Granted they were all here for one reason and that was Dylan so it’s not fair to hold them against the staff when he committed to UGA, but the point stands in that we went from dreaming about guys like Baker or Frazier or Mothudi in April to settling on Davidson or Prude or Clark in June.

This cycle of hope happens every year to every non top 10 program and realistically I thought only Merritt was a real possibility but it still sucks to see.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm not sure this is a strategy as much as it is driven by necessity. The recruiting calendar has moved up, and most of the very top guys hold their later OV dates for the current "top powers". I think this was realistically the only time we get some of these guys to visit. We get them to come, there is always a chance and even if it doesn't pan out the visits are good pub for the program.
Good point, I thought about that too. I do think we could have got a couple to come in later (like now) though.

It's tough to see that they had good visits and we were in their top schools and now it looks like we are completely out of it for some.

But until we start winning again they have to do what they can to get them in for visits and hope for the best.

I do think as the calendar continues to move up our spring game will become more of an advantage but unfortunately not this year though.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Good point, I thought about that too. I do think we could have got a couple to come in later (like now) though.

It's tough to see that they had good visits and we were in their top schools and now it looks like we are completely out of it for some.

But until we start winning again they have to do what they can to get them in for visits and hope for the best.

I do think as the calendar continues to move up our spring game will become more of an advantage but unfortunately not this year though.
Don't forget that the AD basically admitted that we are between 13-14 million dollars behind places like Oregon, Georgia OSU and Texas for NiL. The top top guys are getting ridiculous $$$ thrown at them, something we just can't match.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Don't forget that the AD basically admitted that we are between 13-14 million dollars behind places like Oregon, Georgia OSU and Texas for NiL. The top top guys are getting ridiculous $$$ thrown at them, something we just can't match.
Hopefully that will improve with winning too. We are lucky that we have the level of support we do though after having such a shit team the last seven years.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'll also say this....

1.) I am a Chiefs fan
2.) I was excited that Dawson Merrit's Dad was the Chiefs DB coach and I assumed that was a good thing with Reid and Rhule having a relationship.
3.) After seeing the recruitment play out and looking at what his Dad has done/said, I will be less bummed if his kid goes to Bama.

His Dad has given off some weird vibes and seems a little too involved. Oh well.

I trust the staff to keep working and things paying off down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds