Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June recruiting thread.... let's get it, dudes. (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the flip-side though is a place you really want to go fills up and then has no more room.

I didn’t know he wasn’t taking officials yet. Interesting.
the bottom line is that his measurables aren't very good and he was injured last year.

Not sure he ends up in P5 - right now it doesn't appear he has any pursuit.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Is Caleb Benning putting off OVs so that he can try to reach some late growth spurt and get taller/fill out some more? Like squeezing those last months of puberty for all their worth?

From all accounts he is a fantastic football player and could be another Malcom Hugehog IMO.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is Caleb Benning putting off OVs so that he can try to reach some late growth spurt and get taller/fill out some more? Like squeezing those last months of puberty for all their worth?

From all accounts he is a fantastic football player and could be another Malcom Hugehog IMO.
Malcom is another small guy, true. I think the difference is, though, that Hartzog ran an 11.09 100M in HS. It doesn't appear Benning is close to that.

There are a lot of great HS players that end up in FCS and D2 because they lack the measurables.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
the bottom line is that his measurables aren't very good and he was injured last year.

Not sure he ends up in P5 - right now it doesn't appear he has any pursuit.
He’s definitely small, and doesn’t have the measureables. I think someone will lob a Hail Mary late on him personally in P5 but you’re right he hasn’t shown enough yet with his stature.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider

I think that’s what gets tough as an evaluator/recruiter… measureables aren’t good but he’s a football player. I always reference Zajicek from Beatrice, measureables great but wasn’t a football guy.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think that’s what gets tough as an evaluator/recruiter… measureables aren’t good but he’s a football player. I always reference Zajicek from Beatrice, measureables great but wasn’t a football guy.
In our defensive scheme, we make a conscious trade-off: less size to get more speed on the field. They are unlikely, I think, to take a flyer on a small guy who isn't fast because he has great instincts. There are other defenses where that gamble makes more sense.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the flip-side though is a place you really want to go fills up and then has no more room.

I didn’t know he wasn’t taking officials yet. Interesting.
Definitely. Found it pretty weird.how many DBs Nebraska is bringing in and he isn't one of them, but this thread seems to clear that up

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
In our defensive scheme, we make a conscious trade-off: less size to get more speed on the field. They are unlikely, I think, to take a flyer on a small guy who isn't fast because he has great instincts. There are other defenses where that gamble makes more sense.
For sure. I was/am concerned about size of our DL but the trade-off is creating havoc which I’m more than ok with

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
For sure. I was/am concerned about size of our DL but the trade-off is creating havoc which I’m more than ok with
the DL who have OVs are light too. The guy from Bay City who comes today is 280. I don't think any other DL - there aren't many - is over 255

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
the DL who have OVs are light too. The guy from Bay City who comes today is 280. I don't think any other DL - there aren't many - is over 255
Van Poppel and Carroll-Jackson seem bigger but I like what we are doing. I wish a guy like Tate Wildeman would have got a shot with this staff. Fucking Duval fattened that kid up like he was the witch in Hansel and Grettle. Have you ever seen those transformation pics?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Van Poppel and Carroll-Jackson seem bigger but I like what we are doing. I wish a guy like Tate Wildeman would have got a shot with this staff. Fucking Duval fattened that kid up like he was the witch in Hansel and Grettle. Have you ever seen those transformation pics?
no, I haven't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds