Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

June recruiting thread.... let's get it, dudes. (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
he's almost certainly faster - that was as a freshman - but I doubt he is a burner

I'm sure he'll camp - he missed most of last year which had to hurt him too
If I remember correctly he didn’t do a lot of camps last summer and instead played basketball, which also probably held him back.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Here’s a look at the nine visitors who will be on campus this weekend:

Joseph Anderson

This defensive lineman/edge defender has a lot of explosion in his game which is evident by his track background as a state champion in the triple jump. Nebraska is certainly as intrigued by the 6-foot-6, 210-pound frame as well.

Anderson is the son of NFL player, Bennie Anderson, who spent the bulk of his career with the Ravens as an offensive lineman.

The recruit landed the Nebraska offer in late April and was immediately interested.

“I'm a big fan of Coach Ruhle who has had a ton of success in the college level,” he said. “I also know that Nebraska has a very passionate fan base, and the chance to play for a coaching staff with people with NFL experience is really exciting and being a part of a program on the rise is really enthralling to me.”

Jacory Barney Jr.

Another talented athlete, Barney hails from the Miami area and has several connections to current Huskers or future ones also from South Beach.

Barney also has a strong tack background and is an interesting athlete that could play multiple positions as he did in high school when he played quarterback, running back and wide receiver for Palmetto.

The Huskers are looking for playmakers and Barney believes he is one.

“I wanna see if it’s the right fit, if I’m gonna be taken care of, just knowing that I’m in good hands and that I’m gonna have a chance to compete as a freshman,” the Miami athlete said of his hopes of the official visit. “If we all get a fair shot, I know I can outwork people, I’m a hard worker, I know once it’s time to prove who’s got it, it’ll be me.”

Mario Buford

This Texas defender is the younger brother of defensive back Marques Buford and has been on Nebraska’s radar for a long time.

Buford is a cornerback with good length and like seemingly everyone the Huskers recruit he’s got a track background that shows the ability to move.

This won’t be the first visit to Nebraska for Buford, who has been to Lincoln several times before, and recently came away impressed by head coach Matt Rhule.

“The plan is laid out, you take these steps that he’s talking about and then that goal you want to achieve, it’s there, he’s making that very clear, I like that,” Buford said. “He’s making it clear that I’m prioritized as a recruit, not as a brother or just because of him, it’s because of me.”

Dontae Carter

A defensive back, Carter comes from the same school as former Nebraska quarterback Tommy Armstrong, and he’s quickly becoming his own sought after commodity with four visits scheduled this month.

Carter is a 6-foot-1, 175-pound safety that had a monster senior season with 63 tackles, seven interceptions, three forced fumbles and eight breakups.

The defender likes the idea of being part of the group that brings Nebraska back.

“It’s just about what they come from, it goes straight to winning, how they want to turn that program around, and I feel like recruiting the right people and getting those guys in, they can do that,” Carter said. “Nebraska used to be up there, they used to be the stuff, and I think coach Rhule is on to something with that, I really, truly do and that’s exactly why I’m considering them.”

Carlon Jones

Every team can use talent in the trenches and the Huskers realized Jones could be quite helpful there after he had a big season for Bay City.

The defender is active and not afraid to throw his weight around while getting after the opposing offenses. Nebraska could use Jones along the defensive line, but he might be the biggest factor in the middle as a future nose guard.

Jones’ high school coach, Robert Jones, believes his player has a lot of upside.

“He started for me as a freshman,” Robert Jones said. “I put him on varsity as a freshman and he was maybe 230 pounds. Now he’s up there and he’s become a really good football player. This kid is a hard nosed kid. He’s a leader. He’s the face of the program. I’m just excited for him with all the opportunities in front of him and places he’s getting to go.”

Peyton Morgan

Yet another defensive back with a track background, Morgan is the highest rated player on the list for the visit weekend and will be someone the Huskers have to beat out Texas Tech for in the future.

Morgan had a good junior year for Weiss with 85 tackles and five interceptions in nine total games.

It could be a busy month for Morgan, who has his Nebraska and Tech visits back to back, and he could take more visits as he looks for the right fit.

"I’m looking for a school with a great culture and tradition and a program who really believes in his players and invests a lot of time in developing them as young men as well as good football players,” Morgan said.

William Nettles

This athlete visited Nebraska for the spring game and is now back in Lincoln for the first official visit weekend. The recruit had a big 2022 with 1,455 yards receiving and 20 touchdowns, while also contributing on defense and special teams as well.

Nettles is a defensive back recruit for Nebraska and assistant Evan Cooper. When Cooper offered Nettles learned more about Nebraska from his father and said this spring he thinks it’d be a good fit.

“It’s a nice culture, a great fanbase and I’ve liked that culture for a while, my dad has already told me a little bit about it and some coaches have too,” said Nettles, “I’m just ready to get to know more about it up there.”

Caleb Pyfrom

The only in-state visitor this weekend, Pyfrom plays offensive line for Omaha Central and he’s long been an intriguing target for the Huskers.

Pyfrom could play either guard or tackle at the next level, but he’s hoping for an opportunity to start out at right tackle.

This is another visit to Lincoln for Pyfrom, who said he’s excited about getting back on campus and around the coaching staff.

“I’ve been able to talk with a few other head coaches, but I have talked with him the most,” Pyfrom said. “He’s a good dude. I love the energy he brings and his philosophy on and off the field.”

Amare Sanders

Another long defender, Sanders is visiting Nebraska from Florida.

A basketball player turned football, Sanders was an effective defensive back for Gulliver Prep he finished with 49 tackles, seven pass breakups and two interceptions in just eight games.

Sanders older brother, Tony Sanders, plays basketball for Notre Dame.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
"This defensive lineman/edge defender has a lot of explosion in his game which is evident by his track background as a state champion in the triple jump. Nebraska is certainly as intrigued by the 6-foot-6, 210-pound frame as well.

Anderson is the son of NFL player, Bennie Anderson, who spent the bulk of his career with the Ravens as an offensive lineman."

this kid could end up being a freaking monster

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
"This defensive lineman/edge defender has a lot of explosion in his game which is evident by his track background as a state champion in the triple jump. Nebraska is certainly as intrigued by the 6-foot-6, 210-pound frame as well.

Anderson is the son of NFL player, Bennie Anderson, who spent the bulk of his career with the Ravens as an offensive lineman."

this kid could end up being a freaking monster
XFL legend Bennie Anderson to be specific

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s apparently at Tennessee this weekend and Ga Tech next weekend

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting Kamari is still on this list. Maybe that’s been discussed and I missed it
he's off their visit list now - he will not be coming

He camped at Clemson yesterday

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
It's not a risk-less strategy, but letting a bunch of guys clear the field in December and then being one of the top guys left can help you move your way up with the quality of school who might take you
I think the flip-side though is a place you really want to go fills up and then has no more room.

I didn’t know he wasn’t taking officials yet. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds