Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
30 HS recruits, plus 10 transfers
30 recruits and 10 transfers is a mismatch mathematically. There is a good reason not to take ten transfers - the talent pool largely sucks. Ten transfers is the approach people take if they have to win next year or get fired, and it doesn't work that often.

The highest number of recruits by a school in the B1G or in the SEC last year was 28. Average was 21.6.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
30 recruits and 10 transfers is a mismatch mathematically. There is a good reason not to take ten transfers - the talent pool largely sucks. Ten transfers is the approach people take if they have to win next year or get fired, and it doesn't work that often.

The highest number of recruits by a school in the B1G or in the SEC last year was 28. Average was 21.6.
I was joking

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Many apologies.
No need to apologize

Donald Trump GIF

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

247 National reporting on the Hawaii ESPN300 camp this weekend

Preston Taumua, the Top247 offensive lineman and No. 1 overall prospect in Hawaii for the 2024 class, was fresh off a round of official visits to the mainland, having taken trips to Arizona (June 2), Auburn (June 16), Nebraska (June 19) and Oregon (June 23). This has the sound of a two-team battle between the Cornhuskers and Ducks as Taumua approaches the finish line, with each program standing out for its specific reason. A decision is in the works and the 6-foot-4, 315-pound Taumua could be aiming for the July 16 date as a possible commitment reveal.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter

247 National reporting on the Hawaii ESPN300 camp this weekend

Preston Taumua, the Top247 offensive lineman and No. 1 overall prospect in Hawaii for the 2024 class, was fresh off a round of official visits to the mainland, having taken trips to Arizona (June 2), Auburn (June 16), Nebraska (June 19) and Oregon (June 23). This has the sound of a two-team battle between the Cornhuskers and Ducks as Taumua approaches the finish line, with each program standing out for its specific reason. A decision is in the works and the 6-foot-4, 315-pound Taumua could be aiming for the July 16 date as a possible commitment reveal.
So Oregon it is.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Per Mongo's revised Big Board

There is a rumor floating around that OU doesn’t have any room left for Jayshawn Ross. Having his high school teammate, Keelan Smith, in the Nebraska class could help the Huskers’ chances.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Kids a must get -

EMERSON, Ga. – It’s been a busy June for Omaha Westside (Neb.) four-star linebacker Christian Jones. He’s been working with his team to get ready for the upcoming season. When with his team he’s been working towards making his hands more violent and destroying blocks at the point of attack.

The defender went down to Texas A&M’s camp where he earned a scholarship offer from Jimbo Fisher’s program. He also competed in the Future50 event.
“It was good,” Jones said. “I was surrounded by elite people and elite talent. It was really fun and I got better for sure.”
His final camp stop of the summer was in Georgia to take part in the NextGen Five-Star Pro Day. Jones likes competing and wanted to test his skills against some of the nation’s elite talent.
As for his recruitment, there are a handful of schools who are pushing hardest for him right now.
“I’d say Nebraska is who I hear from the most. Then Notre Dame and Oklahoma,” Jones said.
Jones has taken notice of the in-state momentum that Nebraska has right now in recruiting. The Huskers have six Nebraskans in the 2024 class right now and two in the 2025 class. His relationship is also growing with the Huskers.
“(The relationship) It’s good. Coach Rob (Dvoracek), the linebackers coach, I’ve been building a good relationship with him. I like him Coach (Matt) Rhule too. I like the people there.”
“They’re just personable people. It’s good to talk football plus family and faith. They all have some of the same common denominator. They are all about brotherhood and getting you to the next level.”
Jones’ recruitment could still blow up as more schools find out about his talents. He was a top performer at the camp and was named linebacker MVP. He knows exactly what he’s looking for as his recruitment progresses.
"Coaches that are going to be there, make me a better man and player to get me to the next level," Jones said.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Might have to put Bootle on the recruiting staff when his eligibility is up -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds