Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you saying again @Carm?

joke-lol.gif
Such an underrated movie. Just an incredible comedy duo

Auburn 247 Monday:

SOURCES SAY: It's long been believed Oregon is the team to beat for Taumua, which makes sense for an offensive lineman from Hawaii. However, after his official visits have concluded, a source at Auburn feels that it's down to the Tigers and Nebraska. He plans to make his decision and finalize things one way or the other this week and go public with his commitment on July 16.

It will be tough and pretty difficult to beat Nebraska offensive line coach and Hawaii native Dominic Raiola for Taumua, but Auburn's staff led by tight ends coach Ben Aigamaua and offensive line coach Jake Thornton aren't going down without a fight.

It could be Oregon is full at OL - they have 4 OL commits now, with Brandon Baker still an uncommitted heavy lean.

Auburn 247 Monday:

SOURCES SAY: It's long been believed Oregon is the team to beat for Taumua, which makes sense for an offensive lineman from Hawaii. However, after his official visits have concluded, a source at Auburn feels that it's down to the Tigers and Nebraska. He plans to make his decision and finalize things one way or the other this week and go public with his commitment on July 16.

It will be tough and pretty difficult to beat Nebraska offensive line coach and Hawaii native Dominic Raiola for Taumua, but Auburn's staff led by tight ends coach Ben Aigamaua and offensive line coach Jake Thornton aren't going down without a fight.

It could be Oregon is full at OL - they have 4 OL commits now, with Brandon Baker still an uncommitted heavy lean.
I mean - I get the whole "Islanders are incredbily loyal to one another." But it absolutely slays me when articles are just filled with Polynesians who are recruiting these guys.

"Raiola will be tough to beat" - only because he was born in Hawaii.

BUT WAIT! Auburn has a guy named "Aigamaua" so they are right in the thick of it! He's not Hawaiian, but he IS from the American Samoa! What a wrinkle.

"Taumua's committment will be decided by a Haka. First polynesian last name-haver to blink during said Haka will lose, and Taumua will be bethrothed the bloodline of the warrior with the driest eyes"

basketball harden GIF by FIBA

(shoutout Tai Webster - top 5 husker basketball player all time)

I mean - I get the whole "Islanders are incredbily loyal to one another." But it absolutely slays me when articles are just filled with Polynesians who are recruiting these guys.

"Raiola will be tough to beat" - only because he was born in Hawaii.

BUT WAIT! Auburn has a guy named "Aigamaua" so they are right in the thick of it! He's not Hawaiian, but he IS from the American Samoa! What a wrinkle.

"Taumua's committment will be decided by a Haka. First polynesian last name-haver to blink during said Haka will lose, and Taumua will be bethrothed the bloodline of the warrior with the driest eyes"

basketball harden GIF by FIBA

(shoutout Tai Webster - top 5 husker basketball player all time)
This is the kind of breakdown I come to this hallowed site for

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

NEBRASKA HAS 'SET THE TONE' FOR 3-STAR CB AMARE SANDERS​

Wilftong: "Matt Rhule and that Nebraska staff set the tone in this recruitment during the first weekend of June. He gushed about it. He's really clicked with guys like Jacory Barney, who picked Nebraska over Miami this week. He talked about the standard of that program and the environment around Lincoln. All those things have set the tone in this recruitment. He has relationships with guys that are already on the team. He's very comfortable there. He is a top target for Nebraska. He's a 5-star on their board. It's up to another program to change where that recruitment stands right now."

I always wonder why teams stand there and let teams dance the Haka in their face. What would a team do if the other teams just walked off the court while they were dancing?

I always wonder why teams stand there and let teams dance the Haka in their face. What would a team do if the other teams just walked off the court while they were dancing?
I think it's just a respect thing...but I've always thought it would be hilarious if the opponent just gave a quick "we outta here" signal and walked off

Interesting background on DB recruiting from Schaefer today

It seems like Nebraska should be done here, but that really isn't the case to hear it from the recruits themselves, who continue to hear consistently from Evan Cooper, Nebraska's secondary coach.

Earlier this cycle the Huskers landed commitments from Callen Barta, Mario Buford, Rex Guthrie, Donovan Jones, Braylen Prude and Evan Taylor, but the Huskers could take a few more secondary players as some of the above could grow into other positions. The 3-3-5 defense relies on flexibility to a degree and a lot of projection. A player might start in the third-level early in a career but grow into a second-level player.

Said another way Nebraska might not focus a lot on linebacker at the moment because someone playing safety could slide down there after time around Corey Campbell and pending on how Tony White wants to play things.

There’s three names (for now) to know moving forward: Caleb Benning, Malik Esquerra and Amare Sanders.

Benning is looking to be on campus in late July when the dead period ends. The defender also visited and spent quality time with Cooper, who has made it known to the legacy that he wants the opportunity to coach Benning.

Esquerra made an official visit in June and largely has been quiet. He trekked out to one of Nebraska’s satellite camps ahead of the visit and took trips to Oregon State and Oklahoma State. There’s a Crystal Ball for Texas Tech, so that might be one to watch.

Sanders, unlike the first two, is a cornerback and one the Huskers seem to be quite high on. He told Husker247 that he wants to set up another trip or two in July and then decide. Nebraska holds the Crystal Ball prediction for Sanders at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back