Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

July Recruiting Thread… it’s almost gameday (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Basically a 0.0% chance
That’s better than I thought. Things are looking up.
the sopranos smoking GIF

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Solid choice. But I honestly doubt we’ll ever see the power I at Nebraska again. Maybe as a gimmick like the diamond/bone formation was a few years ago.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Imagine how our fanbase would react if we offered a zero star with no P5 offers two weeks before signing day

Well that story isn't exactly true. This kid was a 3- star who was going to sign with Vanderbilt. I realize Vandy is the taint of the SEC, but its not like UGA stole a kid from Peru State.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well that story isn't exactly true. This kid was a 3- star who was going to sign with Vanderbilt. I realize Vandy is the taint of the SEC, but its not like UGA stole a kid from Peru State.
Actually, the story sounds true.

Vandy offered him 1/21/20, the day after Georgia offered. His HS said on NSD that he was planning to sign with UT-Chattanooga before Georgia offered.

Rivals first rated him 1/28/20, 8 days after Georgia offered. I can't tell when 247 first rated him. On 3 never rated him.

He was a 5-11, 158 lb senior in HS.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Germany LB Justin Okoronkwo decommits from Maryland, looking at three programs moving forward​

The latest on the 2024 prospect who could make his next decision soon.​

Steve WiltfongSTEVE WILTFONG86 minsVIP1

Nurnberg Rams linebacker Justin Okoronkwo, out of Germany, backed off his long-time commitment to Maryland on Saturday and is expected to make a decision soon on where he’ll play college football in the future.

The contenders are Alabama, Nebraska and South Carolina.

The 6-foot-3, 223-pound Okoronkwo had been a verbal to the Terrapins since November. He took his official visit to College Park the weekend of June 23.

“After time thinking, and multiple discussions with my family and coaches, I would like to announce my decommitment from The University of Maryland,” Okoronkwo said.

South Carolina offered on June 9. The Huskers jumped in the next day and he visited Lincoln that week. Alabama extended a scholarship on June 23.

“Coming from Germany, we learn about college football a little different than American Athletes,” Okornkwo said at that time. “So for me Alabama was always the team I saw or heard of most. It’s an honor to be given a scholarship from them.”

247Sports National Analyst Cooper Petagna got eyes on Okoronkwo back in October at the Road to D-1 Final hosted by Premiere Prospects International in Essen, Germany.

"Arguably the most anticipated prospect in attendance this weekend, Justin Okoronkwo was sure to not disappoint," Petagna wrote. "Possessing an excellent frame at 6-foot-3 and 200-pounds plus, the 2024 German linebacker prospect impressed in both the testing and live settings on Friday and Saturday. A smooth athlete for his size, the former gymnast appears very natural in pass coverage, showing the ability to play man-to-man or drop in zone coverage comfortably at the second level. Although Okoronkwo’s athletic ability was not so much of a surprise, his instincts and physicality during Saturday’s controlled scrimmage helped separate him from his peers. Flashing sideline to sideline to ability, in addition to the physicality to play in the box, Okronkowo possesses all the physical tools to become a very productive three-down linebacker at the Power Five level. Although he’ll need some time to develop physically at the next level, Okoronkwo was not only the most physically gifted prospect in attendance this weekend, but more importantly for his development, the most polished as well."

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Germany LB Justin Okoronkwo decommits from Maryland, looking at three programs moving forward​

The latest on the 2024 prospect who could make his next decision soon.​

Steve WiltfongSTEVE WILTFONG86 minsVIP1

Nurnberg Rams linebacker Justin Okoronkwo, out of Germany, backed off his long-time commitment to Maryland on Saturday and is expected to make a decision soon on where he’ll play college football in the future.

The contenders are Alabama, Nebraska and South Carolina.

The 6-foot-3, 223-pound Okoronkwo had been a verbal to the Terrapins since November. He took his official visit to College Park the weekend of June 23.

“After time thinking, and multiple discussions with my family and coaches, I would like to announce my decommitment from The University of Maryland,” Okoronkwo said.

South Carolina offered on June 9. The Huskers jumped in the next day and he visited Lincoln that week. Alabama extended a scholarship on June 23.

“Coming from Germany, we learn about college football a little different than American Athletes,” Okornkwo said at that time. “So for me Alabama was always the team I saw or heard of most. It’s an honor to be given a scholarship from them.”

247Sports National Analyst Cooper Petagna got eyes on Okoronkwo back in October at the Road to D-1 Final hosted by Premiere Prospects International in Essen, Germany.

"Arguably the most anticipated prospect in attendance this weekend, Justin Okoronkwo was sure to not disappoint," Petagna wrote. "Possessing an excellent frame at 6-foot-3 and 200-pounds plus, the 2024 German linebacker prospect impressed in both the testing and live settings on Friday and Saturday. A smooth athlete for his size, the former gymnast appears very natural in pass coverage, showing the ability to play man-to-man or drop in zone coverage comfortably at the second level. Although Okoronkwo’s athletic ability was not so much of a surprise, his instincts and physicality during Saturday’s controlled scrimmage helped separate him from his peers. Flashing sideline to sideline to ability, in addition to the physicality to play in the box, Okronkowo possesses all the physical tools to become a very productive three-down linebacker at the Power Five level. Although he’ll need some time to develop physically at the next level, Okoronkwo was not only the most physically gifted prospect in attendance this weekend, but more importantly for his development, the most polished as well."
Bad news. Damn! They got him.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It is funny how many people are convinced they can tell when the coaches make offers to guys who are not sufficiently talented to deserve one. But, hey, it's always been that way.
I'm mostly cool just trusting coaches to make the right call until they turn in their Donovan Vestal, Jay Guy, Tobi Okuyemi, Walker Ashburn class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds