Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Josh Pate on Nebraska (1 Viewer)

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
Pretty good answer to the question. It took Osborne decades to get to the 'dynasty level'. Winning will not happen over night...but the kool-aid is fresh and tasty and I believe we are on the right track with this hire.

In all fairness - I was very excited about the Frost hire and defended him way too long so what the hell do I know.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Tend to agree... I mean Bo was a historical 9/10 win coach here. I think with the resources we have we should be able to get back to 9+ win point.

I mean Cockeye and Wisconsin have done that. Do we really think we are that far behind them?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Tend to agree... I mean Bo was a historical 9/10 win coach here. I think with the resources we have we should be able to get back to 9+ win point.

I mean Cockeye and Wisconsin have done that. Do we really think we are that far behind them?
We have an elite coach who can recruit (TEXAS) and develop players, which should put us in the 9+ win per year category, and we have the resources and the support to keep us there every year.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
We have an elite coach who can recruit (TEXAS) and develop players, which should put us in the 9+ win per year category, and we have the resources and the support to keep us there every year.
If the first part is true the I agree. Shit I think he just needs to be good to put us in that category.

I think if Rhule is "elite" then we should be in the playoffs occasionally, especially with the expanded format coming.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If the first part is true the I agree. Shit I think he just needs to be good to put us in that category.

I think if Rhule is "elite" then we should be in the playoffs occasionally, especially with the expanded format coming.
with the new playoff format going 10-2 and not even playing in the Big 10 championship would give us a shot. 11-1 or 11-2 with a Big 10 championship game loss is probably a lock to make the top 12

if we don't view those as realistic goals then we might as well just drop football altogether

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
with the new playoff format going 10-2 and not even playing in the Big 10 championship would give us a shot. 11-1 or 11-2 with a Big 10 championship game loss is probably a lock to make the top 12

if we don't view those as realistic goals then we might as well just drop football altogether
Yeah the B1G should have 3 teams almost every year going forward.

This year they would have had an outside shot at 4 if you include USC.

1676393131623.png

Cavalot

Defensive Lineman

Going to go listen to him speak tomorrow. I will go to at least 1 spring practice as well as couple of early fall. He is much more open and welcoming then the last several coaches that we have had. Looking forward to my visits.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds