Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Josh Pate on Conference Expansion Coming AGAIN (1 Viewer)

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Their TV deadline is coming up soon & I think the B1G has just been waiting for the Big 12 to take the 4 corners & deliver the kill shot. After that Oregon/Washington & whoever else will agree to smaller payouts for our current deal

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Their TV deadline is coming up soon & I think the B1G has just been waiting for the Big 12 to take the 4 corners & deliver the kill shot. After that Oregon/Washington & whoever else will agree to smaller payouts for our current deal
The Big 10 is probably still waiting on Notre Dame

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
The Big Ten wants their foot print to cover the entire country. Washington and Oregon make a lot of sense, but they are also going to want to dip their toe in the southeast. Clemson, Georgia Tech and maybe Florida St all make a ton of sense.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
The Big Ten wants their foot print to cover the entire country. Washington and Oregon make a lot of sense, but they are also going to want to dip their toe in the southeast. Clemson, Georgia Tech and maybe Florida St all make a ton of sense.

Miami >>> Florida State

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Miami >>> Florida State

Definitely

images

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The Big 10 is probably still waiting on Notre Dame
I think Notre Dame made their nut with their new tv deal. I won’t be surprised if USC & UCLA don’t want to be left out on an island playing nothing but Midwest teams

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think Notre Dame made their nut with their new tv deal. I won’t be surprised if USC & UCLA don’t want to be left out on an island playing nothing but Midwest teams
It's all about $$$

If Washington and Oregon made sense financially then they would already be in the Big 10

If you add Notre Dame, then you can add Washington, Oregon, Stanford, etc.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting premise advocated by Josh at the end of the video: private ownership of the PAC12 inventory for marketing and branding purposes. If the conference schools are desperate enough to seek that kind of funding to remain competitive, its probably there for the taking. Imagine rebranding your conference from the PAC12 to the Tesla12 or the Amazon12, etc.

As Bob Dylan used to croon, "and the times they are a changing ..."

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting premise advocated by Josh at the end of the video: private ownership of the PAC12 inventory for marketing and branding purposes. If the conference schools are desperate enough to seek that kind of funding to remain competitive, its probably there for the taking. Imagine rebranding your conference from the PAC12 to the Tesla12 or the Amazon12, etc.

maxiafter.jpg

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

hehehe whooooooeeee!! back when i used to croon at the barn parties id croon “splish splash” & “beer barrel polka”. id be slappin ladies tushies all nite unbeknownst to Nancy !

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds