Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Jesus F ing Christ Frost (1 Viewer)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I could be wrong, but I really don't think that too many coaching staffs are setting their Big Boards based off of different recruiting services. And if they are, they should be fired. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't expect the staff to know about all 400+ 4-stars in the country...especially ones that are outside of their general foot print, like Ajay Allen was (Louisiana).
Alabama seems to do a pretty good job with it Junior

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I got crucified over yonder for suggesting he or his staff should have had at least an idea of a top 25 running back .

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
FEcVhRyXEAsjEOQ

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not a Frost defender, but wondering why he'd have to know this?

Saying what he said "the way he said it" is one thing. Not knowing isn't that unusual from my perspective. If anything he needs a lesson in PR.

There's so many players out there, that I can't imagine he'd know the hundreds that were out there.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I could be wrong, but I really don't think that too many coaching staffs are setting their Big Boards based off of different recruiting services. And if they are, they should be fired. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't expect the staff to know about all 400+ 4-stars in the country...especially ones that are outside of their general foot print, like Ajay Allen was (Louisiana).
Some Power5 schools are. My brother's nephew has a paid internship with a Power5 Football program. His job is to research QB's. Basically the head coach/recruiting department have him watching film of high school, JUCO and potential Transfer QB's. He is searching all over the country and on all of the major recruiting services for talent and rumors of potential transfers.

Veteran coaches with connections have their networks of high school & JUCO coaches they reach out to. I'm sure Mickey will be contacting high school coaches in Louisiana and Texas asking about not only talent on their teams but also other players in the area.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Some Power5 schools are. My brother's nephew has a paid internship with a Power5 Football program. His job is to research QB's. Basically the head coach/recruiting department have him watching film of high school, JUCO and potential Transfer QB's. He is searching all over the country and on all of the major recruiting services for talent and rumors of potential transfers.

Veteran coaches with connections have their networks of high school & JUCO coaches they reach out to. I'm sure Mickey will be contacting high school coaches in Louisiana and Texas asking about not only talent on their teams but also other players in the area.
But thats an intern. Then the list gets trimmed from there to the paid recruiting department. Then it gets trimmed to the assistant coach. Then the head coach/recruiting coordinator. His point was Scott Frost isn't sitting there reviewing every high school player that has a ranking.

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm not a Frost defender, but wondering why he'd have to know this?

Saying what he said "the way he said it" is one thing. Not knowing isn't that unusual from my perspective. If anything he needs a lesson in PR.

There's so many players out there, that I can't imagine he'd know the hundreds that were out there.
I'm less concerned by him not knowing this one RB than by our corches apparently not knowing ANY highly rated backs, as evidenced by their RB recruiting performance this year up until Applewhite came in. what a cluster.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Pretty low on my concern list. Definitely below scared play calling of Colorado 2019

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm less concerned by him not knowing this one RB than by our corches apparently not knowing ANY highly rated backs, as evidenced by their RB recruiting performance this year up until Applewhite came in. what a cluster.

Good point.

Your head coach probably shouldn't be that deep in the weeds; especially when you were trying to assemble a partial staff. Guarantee there's been a lot of moving parts since late November just due to that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds