Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

January Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Is he on this board too? I know he's on the other site.

I started a thread and buzzed him, but haven't heard anything yet.
Apparently his uncle is @JaPaRaZe on HOL.
He posted:

I for sure am the bloviating unc and sorry if too long and all that but…

Bryson is no joke y’all…

4.34 is repeatable (NU coaches made him run like 5 at camp -so did all the other coaches/camps - more coaches gathering and timing each one)
+++ Hes not TM post ankle straight line fast - he’s got juice and wiggle and want to. Plays WR like RB after he gets the ball.

He’s been the starting CF on a very competitive baseball team forever, and this helped make his transition from running back to WR (last year) very smooth. Tracks and adjusts to the ball easily and has really strong hands. Fights for the catch.

Work ethic - off the chart
Intelligence - Duke/Stanford have his transcript

Track times will improve he’s readying for Jr season - big difference between exploding for forty and grinding out a 100M…

ok ok I’ll stop… I’m in the hope he commits camp. Lol

He’s headed to Arkansas tomorrow.

Here are two last little tasty nugs for my beloved, and I mean that, fellow scrollers.

1) KU has long been the true front runner. Lots of ins and outs but ultimately that’s facts. NU has been intriguing him and family all along and rose to #2 slot. Opportunity to play on biggest stage etc… loves Rhule and McGuire and they reciprocate. Lots of others wanting in and list is growing but to date it’s really been a two horse race (I caution for now. I know zero about final decision) BUT… My sister text me on their way home. Said B had just finished interview with Wiltfong… said they’d call tomorrow and lots to discuss… seemed excited. She’d texted throughout the day and sent pics saying it was “insane Brother” and “B is definitely a high priority to them” … I said ok for now in 3 words tell me Mom’s perspective she answered by sending me the Fong bomb and then said “Big12 = little league that’s as close as I could get to 3”

2) Same thread sis said after everyone else was gone B got a private meeting with Rhule and McGuire and sent these two shots from the very end of the night before Wilt’s interview
https://www.Tater Island.com/boards/attachments/img_9398-jpeg.513726/

https://www.Tater Island.com/boards/attachments/img_9399-jpeg.513730/

For the “oh no he’s the same height as Rhule guys… He’s 5’ 11.5 6’ in shoes lol - about 180 ish rn

Just look at the kid he’s a brick sh!thouse

you are welcome OR I’m sorry hahaa

GBR

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Apparently his uncle is @JaPaRaZe on HOL.
He posted:

I for sure am the bloviating unc and sorry if too long and all that but…

Bryson is no joke y’all…

4.34 is repeatable (NU coaches made him run like 5 at camp -so did all the other coaches/camps - more coaches gathering and timing each one)
+++ Hes not TM post ankle straight line fast - he’s got juice and wiggle and want to. Plays WR like RB after he gets the ball.

He’s been the starting CF on a very competitive baseball team forever, and this helped make his transition from running back to WR (last year) very smooth. Tracks and adjusts to the ball easily and has really strong hands. Fights for the catch.

Work ethic - off the chart
Intelligence - Duke/Stanford have his transcript

Track times will improve he’s readying for Jr season - big difference between exploding for forty and grinding out a 100M…

ok ok I’ll stop… I’m in the hope he commits camp. Lol

He’s headed to Arkansas tomorrow.

Here are two last little tasty nugs for my beloved, and I mean that, fellow scrollers.

1) KU has long been the true front runner. Lots of ins and outs but ultimately that’s facts. NU has been intriguing him and family all along and rose to #2 slot. Opportunity to play on biggest stage etc… loves Rhule and McGuire and they reciprocate. Lots of others wanting in and list is growing but to date it’s really been a two horse race (I caution for now. I know zero about final decision) BUT… My sister text me on their way home. Said B had just finished interview with Wiltfong… said they’d call tomorrow and lots to discuss… seemed excited. She’d texted throughout the day and sent pics saying it was “insane Brother” and “B is definitely a high priority to them” … I said ok for now in 3 words tell me Mom’s perspective she answered by sending me the Fong bomb and then said “Big12 = little league that’s as close as I could get to 3”

2) Same thread sis said after everyone else was gone B got a private meeting with Rhule and McGuire and sent these two shots from the very end of the night before Wilt’s interview
IMG_9398.jpeg

IMG_9399.jpeg

For the “oh no he’s the same height as Rhule guys… He’s 5’ 11.5 6’ in shoes lol - about 180 ish rn

Just look at the kid he’s a brick sh!thouse

you are welcome OR I’m sorry hahaa

GBR
Sounds like a hidden gem.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Can anyone enlighten us with this full article?

Also…#boneralert

I'm not trying to say anything negative here, just making an observation. Today at the Husker basketball game we went to the pro shop at halftime and as we came out the entire Elite Junior Day contingent was walking past, all the players and coaches. One thing that caught my eye was Cantwell walks with the old-man Greg Oden shuffle.

Last edited:

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
For the first time in a while the CFB landscape seems up for grabs. So much instability. Anyone not in the B1G or SEC are now at a disadvantage.

Saban leaving, Harbaugh (maybe) leaving, OSU is one loss to Michigan away from chaos with a terrible AD hire, Wisky feels like they've lost momentum, PSU a constant underperformer, Cockeye is waiting for their dog to die, Washington stripped bare, Minny's a cult, Florida is just waiting until after a family event to dump their girlfriend, USCLA SoCal is too fun to take football seriously apparently, Hugh Freeze is fuckin gross, A&M has too many boosters in the kitchen to do anything but overcook the chicken, Brent Vegetables looks like an angy zombie, I trust Brian Kelly as much as I trust his fake ass southern accent, and Notre Dame is still fucking gay.

Seems like anyone can make a huge leap the next few years, in recruiting especially. Would kill to be Georgia right now.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
For the first time in a while the CFB landscape seems up for grabs. So much instability. Anyone not in the B1G or SEC are now at a disadvantage.

Saban leaving, Harbaugh (maybe) leaving, OSU is one loss to Michigan away from chaos with a terrible AD hire, Wisky feels like they've lost momentum, PSU a constant underperformer, Cockeye is waiting for their dog to die, Washington stripped bare, Minny's a cult, Florida is just waiting until after a family event to dump their girlfriend, USCLA SoCal is too fun to take football seriously apparently, Hugh Freeze is fuckin gross, A&M has too many boosters in the kitchen to do anything but overcook the chicken, Brent Vegetables looks like an angy zombie, I trust Brian Kelly as much as I trust his fake ass southern accent, and Notre Dame is still fucking gay.

Seems like anyone can make a huge leap the next few years, in recruiting especially. Would kill to be Georgia right now.
Excellent points. Rhule and staff's energy seems to be off the charts at the moment.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Georgia the obvious one. Who is next? Michigan if Harbaugh stays but that looks unlikely. Oregon?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

Post of the month

With Turd and Rhule at the helm we are positioning ourselves to win and win big in the near future. Lots of energy in the program right now

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Georgia the obvious one. Who is next? Michigan if Harbaugh stays but that looks unlikely. Oregon?
Yeah Georgia is on top for obvious reasons, then probably Texas, Oregon, and OSU if they can stabilize their fan expectations. After that I think places like Tennessee, Ole Miss, even Missouri with the Walton money are sitting really really well. We're one good season away from making a big jump in the court of public opinion.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can anyone enlighten us with this full article?

Also…#boneralert

2026 five-star Jackson Cantwell enjoys second visit to Nebraska​

Nebraska coaches leave 2026 recruit Jackson Cantwell with good impression of program following second trip to Lincoln​

Mike SchaeferMIKE SCHAEFER11 hrsVIP12

After visiting in the fall 2026 five-star Jackson Cantwell wanted to get back to Lincoln in the offseason to spend more time around Nebraska coaches and a program that impressed him.

The idea is that he wanted a viewpoint of how things were on a non-game day. This weekend Cantwell was one of a quite a few talented recruits to make it into Lincoln as Matt Rhule and his staff emphasized the Huskers are looking for more help to get where they want to go.

“I wanted to take another visit where I could focus more on the recruiting side of things and to see more of the program that I wouldn’t usually be able to see on a game day visit,” Cantwell said.

Cantwell felt the Saturday was well spent and gave him a look inside of what happens at Nebraska when the team isn’t on the football field.

“The intricacies with the behind-the-scenes stuff was very fun to experience,” he said. “We got to see how nutrition, strength and conditioning, recovery, and other things that the players do regularly. Getting to learn from and talk to the coaches also stood out a lot.”

The five-star recruit from Nixa (Mo.) High School is already one of the more sought after players in the country. The Huskers are one of 20-plus programs to have offered the five-star offensive tackle.

Nebraska’s coaches have always been a draw for Cantwell, who said he’s really hit it off well with various parts of the Huskers’ staff.

“I think that they are great people and culture builders that will have success next football season,” Cantwell said. “My experience with them has been great. The offensive line staff has shown that they are very good at what they do and coach Rhule is a good leader.”

The second visit to Nebraska is likely just a pitstop on the way to a third for the 2026 recruit, who is still years away from his college career starting, but continues to look at how to separate all of his options.

Cantwell likes what he’s seen from the Huskers both times.

“I think Nebraska is a great university and I think I’ll take another visit at some point sooner rather than later,” he said.

Cantwell is the No. 5 recruit in the country for the 2026 class per 247Sports and No. 2 per 247Sports Composite.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
For good measure, Fong's article on our Junior Day

Nebraska junior day hits the mark with coveted 2025 and 2026 prospects​

Matt Rhule and his staff continue to make many of the nation's top recruits feel at home in Lincoln as they aim for another Top 20 class.​

Steve WiltfongSTEVE WILTFONG14 hrsVIP20

Nebraska sits on 247Sports No. 18 recruiting class in the 2024 cycle and they’re aiming for another Top 20 haul in 2025, coming out strong at No. 21 here in January heading into what was a big junior day in Lincoln on Saturday.

Second-year head coach Matt Rhule and his staff host several top targets, many of whom could possibly give them returns at some point down the road.

“It was great,” Lee’s Summit (Mo.) North Top247 2025 receiver Isaiah Mozee said. He is the No. 1 prospect in his state, No. 10 receiver in the country and No. 87 prospect overall. “They were very transparent, they were very open-ended, learning what they’re going to do, getting Dylan (Raiola), and how this year will look.

“They’re hard working, the coaches, are very transparent, very real, what you see is what you get. You don’t get certain recruiting pitches. It’s you want to be here or you don’t and I like that. And they’re rebuilding it. It’s a chance to get in the program and make your mark. The fans, even the little things, we went to the basketball game and even if they’re good or bad the fans pop out to everything. The support you ave in the city of Lincoln was crazy.”

The Mozee camp brought a couple carloads for this visit and his father/head coach Jamar liked what he saw as well.

“It went really well, the elder Mozee said. “I enjoyed it. Brought the family. Everybody really enjoyed it. The people. Coach Rhule has been very consistent every time we come. Getting to sit and talk with him was very good. Very genuine person and I think it trickled down through his staff. Real good people across the board. And you can tell where they’re trying to go. There is definitely a vision there in what they’re trying to accomplish.”

Others on campus felt it as well.

“It was very good,” Omaha (Neb.) Westside Top247 linebacker linebacker Christian Jones said. He is the No. 1 recruit in the state, No. 13 linebacker in the land and NO. 85 prospect overall. “From all the past couple of years of going to the Nebraska junior days this one was by far the best one with how it was running and how they set everything up. It was very hands-on and relationship-based. The best part was everyone got to cook their own meal (Jones did spaghetti and meatballs) for an activity and it was real fun. The new facilities are almost done and looking very top-tier and I'd say that is what caught my eye. What continues to make Nebraska a fit would be I’ve got a good relationship with them.”

Shawnee (Kan.) Mill Valley Top247 edge rusher Jayden Woods was another Top100 prospect on campus, checking in as the country's No. 11 edge rusher and No. 84 prospect overall.

"It was great," Woods said. "Had a great time learning about a variety of different things and walking through their defense."

Rhule and company hosted over 30 prospects and many raved about their experience with the staff.

“My experience at Nebraska was very great,” Homestead (Fla.) High Top247 receiver Cortez Mills said. “The environment was outstanding and what catches my eye about Nebraska is they show me how bad they want me in this recruiting process.”

“The experience was incredible!” Algono (Cockeye) High edge Jack Limbaugh said. “My family and I got to truly experience what Nebraska football is becoming under Coach Rhule’s staff and the coaches were all very welcoming. I really was impressed how close-knit the defense is. They really care about each other and Coach (Tony) White makes it feel like family. I also see got a first-hand look at their brand-new., top-notch facilities, which are probably the best in the country.”

“The visit was great and I got to spend a bunch of time around the staff,” Maize (Kan.) High receiver Bryson Hayes said. “The atmosphere there is incredible between players and coaches. It was definitely amazing to be back.Nebraksa is definitely at the top right now. Today justified that for me. They showed I’m a priority.”

"It was a lot of fun," Lincoln (Neb.) Southwest receiver/athlete Jackson Carpenter said. "It was a great experience and nice to see all the coaches. I like the staff a lot. They all have a ton of energy and they’re fun to be around. I definitely believe the Huskers are heading in the right direction and I’m excited to see what they can accomplish this upcoming season."

“My Lincoln experience was lit!” Jefferson City (Mo.) Helias offensive tackle Will Kemna said. “The coaches continue to impress me as well as make me feel at home and I got to experience the opportunity to be a Husker fan. Overall great atmosphere and great visit.”

“I had a great time and what caught my eye was definitely the facilities,” Omaha (Neb.) Millard South tight end Chase Loftin said. “One of the best in the country. It’s definitely in the top five and will be a place that I will take an official visit to!”

"The new facilities were unreal, can’t wait for the rest of it to be finished to see what it’s like fully done," Overland Park (Kan.) Blue Valley Northwest offensive lineman Brock Heath said. "The staff did a great job keeping us interacting throughout the whole day, and met every need I had."

Nebraska hosted several high-profile sophomores as well.

“I had a great time learning about Nebraska and how their program works, and getting to catch up with all of the coaches,” Nixa (Mo.) High 247Sports Composite five-star offensive tackle Jackson Cantwell said. He is the No. 2 overall player in America and top offensive tackle. “Their coaching staff, general culture in the program, and proximity is very eye-catching.”

“ I really liked the coaches, facilities and the overall culture of the program,” 247Sports’ No. 3 running back DeZephen Walker said. “I would have to say the communication, player engagement, academic program, and the graduation rate caught my eye the most.”

“My experience in Lincoln was outstanding,” IMG Academy offensive lineman Breck Kolojay said. “I left very impressed, What continues to catch my eye is what they are doing with the program, it’s on the right track, also seeing the new facility which is still under construction had me amazed. Also Coach Rhule, (Donovan) Raiola, and (Marcus) Satt(erfield) let me know that I’m a huge priority for them and how maybe one day I could be blocking for Dylan! After visiting, it definitely made me more interested, I want to see how these next couple seasons go and see Nebraska start winning a bunch of games”

Stay tuned to 247Sports and Huskers247 as more reaction comes in.

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm not trying to say anything negative here, just making an observation. Today at the Husker basketball game we went to the pro shop at halftime and as we came out the entire Elite Junior Day contingent was walking past, all the players and coaches. One thing that caught my eye was Cantwell walks with the old-man Greg Oden shuffle.
Just watch his basketball highlights, looks like he’s in pain running around

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds