Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Alice In Chains the GOAT? (1 Viewer)

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
One of my favs Tone. Saw them at Lollapalooza in Philly along with RATM, TOOL, and Primus. They opened with Man In the Box and Lane Staley on top of the huge speakers when the lights came on. One of the best vocalists of his day. Gone too soon like many of these guys.
Saw the same show in Des Moines! RATM AND Tool were fresh on the scene. Les Claypool has always been a trip!

My name is mud

Fishbone was pretty killer that day also

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
AIC is one of the more overrated bands in rock history. They may be the godfathers of butt rock though, so I guess in a way they were influential.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
no man GIF

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yep. I went to that show with AIC as my favorite band. Heard TOOL for the first time there and fell in love.
Tool was on the second stage in Des Moines as was Rage. As long as I live I will never forget the hand puppet show Maynard did with his band mates before they played. It was evident they were tripping just as hard as we were. Man what a great show.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw the same show in Des Moines! RATM AND Tool were fresh on the scene. Les Claypool has always been a trip!

My name is mud

Fishbone was pretty killer that day also
Fishbone is definitely a band that doesn't get the cred it deserves. They always put on a killer live show.

After our concerts were over and I was the only one in the venue late night it wasn't unusual for me rock the sound system something fierce to Rage, AIC, Nine Inch Nails, STP, Guns n Roses, Drowning Pool, Metallica....... get some bass, anger and energy going. Fucking loved it. Crank up the sound system to 120+ DB's and just feel the music

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds