Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Inside Info - Re: Performance Testing

Our future NFLs are their thing today:

Surprised Mills only put up 13 on the bench. He looks thick and is not at all rangy so you'd think he'd put up a better number than that, particularly compared to Stoll putting up 16.

Jaimes' numbers look solid enough for a tackle. Farniok won't be hurt from a strength perspective. His film likely won't be so kind. I'd like to see the OL's 10 yard shuttle times... 40s mean nothing for them.

Bootle's time is blazing.. I don't recall him playing that fast.

Yes... He was a top 1% athlete. I frankly think all of them are 4.4 guys.

I also think Nixon and Brown would run below a 4.59. IIRC Nixon was a 10 second 100 guy. Brown looks quick, but not sure if he has that top end gear to run a fast 40 (I just haven't noticed him in the open field.)

Not saying OP is wrong, but I think there is problems with the system more than Reimer being the 4th fastest guy.
I guarantee you OP is wrong or there was simply something wrong with the system. Bootle clearly didn't get slower after his pro day performance today. Betts doesn't outrun the entire PSU defense and then all the sudden turn into a slug. People worry too much about S&C. This isn't the 80's anymore where over half of the country didn't know how to properly weight train their players. I mean good lord, it was obvious CTB wasn't running below a 4.6 out there last season.

I guarantee you OP is wrong or there was simply something wrong with the system. Bootle clearly didn't get slower after his pro day performance today. Betts doesn't outrun the entire PSU defense and then all the sudden turn into a slug. People worry too much about S&C. This isn't the 80's anymore where over half of the country didn't know how to properly weight train their players. I mean good lord, it was obvious CTB wasn't running below a 4.6 out there last season.

I trust my info. It's easy to cherry-pick individual players and say this guy looks fast or that guy looks fast...but do you think we have good team speed overall?? Did Bootle look fast when Olave from Ohio State ran right by him for a deep TD? Or when Imatorbhebhe from Illinois blew by him for a TD? Did our WRs have enough speed to get open more than 10 yards down field?

Point Being: I was bringing information to the board, that I consider to be very reliable and credible, regarding concerns within the program after Performance Testing about the lack of speed, particularly among certain position groups. I hope it turns out to be unfounded next fall. I guess we'll see.

I trust my info. It's easy to cherry-pick individual players and say this guy looks fast or that guy looks fast...but do you think we have good team speed overall?? Did Bootle look fast when Olave from Ohio State ran right by him for a deep TD? Or when Imatorbhebhe from Illinois blew by him for a TD? Did our WRs have enough speed to get open more than 10 yards down field?

Point Being: I was bringing information to the board, that I consider to be very reliable and credible, regarding concerns within the program after Performance Testing about the lack of speed, particularly among certain position groups. I hope it turns out to be unfounded next fall. I guess we'll see.
Guys get beat off the line every once in a while. It happens. It doesn't always mean you're slow. You just saw Bootle run a verified 4.38, yet you're saying he's slow? Clearly he's faster than the 4.59 which you said was the fastest time on the team.

Guys get beat off the line every once in a while. It happens. It doesn't always mean you're slow. You just saw Bootle run a verified 4.38, yet you're saying he's slow? Clearly he's faster than the 4.59 which you said was the fastest time on the team.
He said 4.59, Reimer's time, was the fourth-fastest time on the team with Nance and two unknown players (each with unknown times) ahead of him.

Also, keep in mind that we're comparing electric times to handhelds yesterday.

He said 4.59, Reimer's time, was the fourth-fastest time on the team with Nance and two unknown players (each with unknown times) ahead of him.

Also, keep in mind that we're comparing electric times to handhelds yesterday.
Still not buying it. Johnson, Nance, and Houston were all track guys. That's three guys right there that are almost guaranteed faster than Reimer. Then add in Betts and CTB. Wasn't the transfer DB supposed to be a freak athlete too?

My exact response on a post I made after that game as to why noone should be mad about that loss. Straight up out talented.

Still not buying it. Johnson, Nance, and Houston were all track guys. That's three guys right there that are almost guaranteed faster than Reimer. Then add in Betts and CTB. Wasn't the transfer DB supposed to be a freak athlete too?
I agree that it seems like some fuckery going on, but that may have been an equipment/technique problem.

Though I saw no evidence against teams that we recruit much better than that we are getting close to "out-athleting" any of them
The skill position guys that would be evidence of that either are very young and barely played, are already busts, or have left.

We've definitely had some dudes who are elite athletically, at least certainly by B1G West standards, in Washington, McCaffrey, and Wan'Dale. All are gone. I'm not going to buy into them translating to wins until I actually see something on the field, but strictly on paper Betts and Manning are definitely in that conversation, as well. Fidone is the same.

The skill position guys that would be evidence of that either are very young and barely played, are already busts, or have left.

We've definitely had some dudes who are elite athletically, at least certainly by B1G West standards, in Washington, McCaffrey, and Wan'Dale. All are gone. I'm not going to buy into them translating to wins until I actually see something on the field, but strictly on paper Betts and Manning are definitely in that conversation, as well. Fidone is the same.
Blistering take alert. Wandale isn't an elite athlete

Blistering take alert. Wandale isn't an elite athlete
You have to take a nuanced approach with Wan'Dale. First of all, the expectations were set way too high with him during the recruitment: He was essentially sold as us getting a freshman-year Rondale Moore. They're both tiny dudes playing the slot, terrific highlights and production, from Kentucky, and they have Dale names. Reasonable. But it became clear very quickly that Wan'Dale wasn't nearly as fast as Moore. He was also more slightly built. Despite being super short himself, Moore is built quite sturdy.

All that being said, Wan'Dale still had elite quickness and change of direction. He was an elite-level slot receiver type in the B1G West. What he was not was a panacea for offensive ineptitude and lack of talent at several other positions. Watching him try to do all those vertical routes and pull in overthrown Martinez balls with his little T-Rex arms was something.

So, yes, I ultimately come down on the side of him not being that big of a loss to the program, but I think if we had some pieces around him he would have been a very effective weapon.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back