Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Inside Info - Re: Performance Testing

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
In TT the other day, Dean mentioned that Luke Reimer ran a 4.59 in the 40 and Jojo ran a 4.65. What he failed to mention is that those were the 4th and 7th fastest 40-times on the whole team. Apparently that was a cause for alarm by some people in the program...that two LB's pretty much out-ran all of our WR's, DB's, and RB's. FWIW, Jamie Nance was one of the players that was faster than Luke and Jojo...and he's not even in the discussion to be in the WR rotation.

I know Dean also said in TT that there were some issues with the electronic timing system. Perhaps that caused most of the times to be off, or that might also be code for "the times were slower than expected so we're not releasing most of them."

Take it for what it's worth...this info comes from a family member of a current player.

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

For just a little bit of defense on the electronic timing system, I've used what Zach uses to time the 40s, it's a laser system. Basically you put your thumb in between the laser and the monitor and get into a sprinter stance, once your thumb is lifted out of the laser, the timer starts. Technique is crucial with the laser system. I've operated it a few times and it can be honestly hard as shit to use. There are some days that for no reason at all other than technology sucks that it just won't work right. I've had it a few times where it won't even pick up the thumb between the laser and monitor, and any slight movement whatsoever will start the timer. It's annoying. But when it works right, it's real good. Same shit Boyd used.

For just a little bit of defense on the electronic timing system, I've used what Zach uses to time the 40s, it's a laser system. Basically you put your thumb in between the laser and the monitor and get into a sprinter stance, once your thumb is lifted out of the laser, the timer starts. Technique is crucial with the laser system. I've operated it a few times and it can be honestly hard as shit to use. There are some days that for no reason at all other than technology sucks that it just won't work right. I've had it a few times where it won't even pick up the thumb between the laser and monitor, and any slight movement whatsoever will start the timer. It's annoying. But when it works right, it's real good. Same shit Boyd used.

My understanding is the concern was less about the times, and more about the fact that the skill position players all ran so slow.

Would seem to be a bit of a concern that kids who were fast in high school have gotten to Lincoln and are now no longer fast.
Yeah, I see that being one of two things....neither are good.

1. They were never fast out of high school.

2. They were fast out of high school and our #WarDaddyUp weight throwin progrim has got these boyz a little to girthed up.

2. They were fast out of high school and our #WarDaddyUp weight throwin progrim has got these boyz a little to girthed up.
We beef guys up like we play a smash mouth style of football.... then we come out on Saturday’s and go East and West all game. 🤮

Soooooo what the winter program is for is to put on strength and size. and they do very little running. Spring/Summer, running ramps up for conditioning purposes. So, it does sound bad, but this does make sense.

My understanding is the concern was less about the times, and more about the fact that the skill position players all ran so slow.
Understood. I do think it's important to keep in perspective the reasons behind doing certain things in Winter compared to Spring/Summer. Basically bulk them up over the winter, and shred down some over Spring/Summer for conditioning. A way to think about it is if you're running TOO MUCH, the guys won't put on the size needed that we all want to see on the field.

Soooooo what the winter program is for is to put on strength and size. and they do very little running. Spring/Summer, running ramps up for conditioning purposes. So, it does sound bad, but this does make sense.
Regardless what it is, if I saw my LBs out running my skill guys at any point of the year....well...th tha thaaaat is a little concerning.

Regardless what it is, if I saw my LBs out running my skill guys at any point of the year....well...th tha thaaaat is a little concerning.
Yeah hard to argue that. Is it possible the LBs are super athletic though? I have a hard time believing Garrett Nelson is faster than Omar Manning. Unless we're talking about newcomer WRs?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back