Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I dont understand taking a transfer QB

He was bad downfield because we didn't have a soul to throw to downfield. No one could threaten a DB vertically or force a $ to rotate over the top. If you can't blow the cap off, I don't care how good a passer you are, your downfield passes are going to suck. Vertical threats on the numbers is what opens everything else up. You want to throw 4 verts effectively, have to have it...and we didn't.
Sure. In his limited chances he wasn't good though.

Main issue is turning the ball over. That's been a problem since day 1.

Sure. In his limited chances he wasn't good though.

Main issue is turning the ball over. That's been a problem since day 1.
Something about the last name Martinez

Also, hard pass on Levis

Last edited:
Yet OU got a QB transfer out of the portal like a week ago and Rattler will be the QB there for the next year or two. It can be done.
It seems like Frost had to know or atleast had to think there was a decent chance McCaffery was leaving after the Rutgers week. He should have been scoping out qbs since then.

Just got hit up by a UK friend who says that "Touchdown" Terry Wilson is in bound. Idk if true, but lol
Finally gets to play for Frost after signing with Oregon in 2016.

tenor.gif

Over the years I learned on RSS from the taters that the back-up QB is always the one who should be starting
Thats not limited to RSS.

It's truly impressive how underwhelming we've been at that position over the past couple of decades.
When is the last time we've ended a year happy with qb play?

Over the years I learned on RSS from the taters that the back-up QB is always the one who should be starting. It's truly impressive how underwhelming we've been at that position over the past couple of decades.
That’s most can bases across the country.

Thinking you can't improve any position, let alone the most important position on the field, is just a moronic idea. Quality backup QBs are every bit as important as quality starting QBs. If you can improve the room, you do it. If your starter can't handle that mentality, he shouldn't be starting (read: he's never going to take you where you need to be with such a mentality).

Yeah. To add to that I meant it doesn't mean there isn't a 2nd stringer out there that isn't in the portal now but may transfer after spring ball.

Still very unlikely but we don't need Joe Burrow or Fields. We need someone better than Martinez. There's a big range there.
Martinez is a very bad QB. I’ll take anyone else available.

Martinez is a very bad QB. I’ll take anyone else available.
I would say he’s very sub average. He can be a talented QB if someone worked on his fundamentals. Between unable to pass longer than 10 yards accurately, read defenses, and be able to read the read-option quickly, he just won’t be there to win us games.

I agree. No one portals to be a backup. Especially a grad transfer with one year left. This is beyond stupid.

JFC....Terry Wilson. The dude is a running QB who happens to be slow and unelusive.

Last edited:
When is the last time we've ended a year happy with qb play?

Martinez's freshman year. Because the future was so bright and it was like 1A trevor lawrence 1b adrian Martinez

Ehhh I don't know, I think by the END of 2010 lots of people were already enraged and confused by ol' Magic. I would say 2012 when he was 1st Team All Big 10 but he was still probably the most complained-about player on the team on RSS by that time. People just destroyed the guy nonstop. He was wild as hell as a player but I think a lot of the hate truly came from his super introverted personality. He deserved way better treatment and I'd take 2012 Magic back as our 2021 QB in a second.

baMdOMD.jpg

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back