Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I dont understand taking a transfer QB

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
nobody in the portal was good enough to play at the school they were at and if you take someone and they have to play a game or 2 you are just taking reps from your 4 year guys. Now if Justin Fields or Kyler Murray types are available then no shit. but there is not a transfer available who will be content with being a backup and there is no one better than what we’ve got. even if that phrase burned us in the ass before. this is the only position i feel this way about and i dont think “add qb for depth” is realistic.

I say that you take a QB to avoid what happened Scott's first year when you had to rely on a walk-on when Adrian got hurt and things went down hill from there. If Frost could have been able to keep Gebbia around, things could have been better that year. Not saying that Smothers is chump change, but I still would feel better to have a descent QB that had some game experience.

nobody in the portal was good enough to play at the school they were at and if you take someone and they have to play a game or 2 you are just taking reps from your 4 year guys. Now if Justin Fields or Kyler Murray types are available then no shit. but there is not a transfer available who will be content with being a backup and there is no one better than what we’ve got. even if that phrase burned us in the ass before. this is the only position i feel this way about and i dont think “add qb for depth” is realistic.
Agreed. I'd take LS in '21 over LM in '20. A little overblown

I say that you take a QB to avoid what happened Scott's first year when you had to rely on a walk-on when Adrian got hurt and things went down hill from there. If Frost could have been able to keep Gebbia around, things could have been better that year. Not saying that Smothers is chump change, but I still would feel better to have a descent QB that had some game experience.
ok. what decent qb’s are transferring to nebraska to be a backup? thats the point.

If they weren't good enough to start at the school they're coming from doesn't mean they aren't good enough to start at NE. There's a lot of 2nd stringers that could be better than Martinez.
what? no. there is not. you will not get depth guys from the portal at qb. ever

If they weren't good enough to start at the school they're coming from doesn't mean they aren't good enough to start at NE. There's a lot of 2nd stringers that could be better than Martinez.
Ehh, I'll pass on that. Get Adrian some fuckin wide receivers

Joe Burrow says hi as well. Not likely either type are in the portal, but you never know for sure.
Yeah. To add to that I meant it doesn't mean there isn't a 2nd stringer out there that isn't in the portal now but may transfer after spring ball.

Still very unlikely but we don't need Joe Burrow or Fields. We need someone better than Martinez. There's a big range there.

Yeah. To add to that I meant it doesn't mean there isn't a 2nd stringer out there that isn't in the portal now but may transfer after spring ball.

Still very unlikely but we don't need Joe Burrow or Fields. We need someone better than Martinez. There's a big range there.
It seems like it'll be hard to convince a qb to come in and compete against a 3 year starter when he is likely to end up as insurance, but maybe there's a younger qb out there who would be cool with that.

How many programs have 3 scholarship qb's? Honestly asking.
Scholarship worthy or scholarship QBs on the roster? Because that's the same kind of delta you're talking about earlier ITT with simply "better than Martinez". I'd bet all P5 programs carry a minimum of 3 QB's on scholly, and most would have 4, because injuries and developmental time needed in whatever system they're running.

Hes a good runner. He did a good job of making the easy throws this year.

He was bad downfield.

Biggest problem is he's a turnover machine.
He was bad downfield because we didn't have a soul to throw to downfield. No one could threaten a DB vertically or force a $ to rotate over the top. If you can't blow the cap off, I don't care how good a passer you are, your downfield passes are going to suck. Vertical threats on the numbers is what opens everything else up. You want to throw 4 verts effectively, have to have it...and we didn't.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back