Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out this way…but Frost is retained (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Season 5 Jeremy GIF by Parks and Recreation
hipster beard GIF

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
We're not that far off from each others thinking on some parts. My opinion on recruiting is there always has to be a blend. In the past I would of said 80-90% HS 10-20% anything else. The portal can't be ignored now. It's to relevant. So now it'd be more like a 70-30 depending on situation. In the portal and juco you're buying that used car though. I'm fine with the risk I just think it always starts with HS and you go from there. Ultimately talent is talent and you have to get the best talent you can, however you can obviously. With the 70 guys you mentioned, if you like the group you have (which i obviously have no idea what their opinion on that is) I'd want to be building behind it instead of lumping in more players into the group of 70.
Yup.... My thoughts are that Nebraska needs to have the bulk of their players be from 4 year HS guys. Nebraska also needs to be a developmental school. They need to be a team that has HS guys in the system for 3 years and then they are needed to perform. It will never be a recipe for success. You can't expect an OL with the youth it has to be very good.

Then you backfill on juco/portal guys. Either the guy is a dude and can move the needle or you go and get band-aid. You then bring in 20/25 walk ons a year for practice guys and hopefully you get 1 or 2 guys who see the field significantly.

Then you bring in a lot of guys every year and play the numbers game. Some are going to work, but no doubt some will have physical or mental problems.

Couple that with very very good strength, conditioning and nutrition staff you should be in a good spot.

I think they have done a very good job of executing a blue print.

I fundamentally disagree that SF should be allowed to make coaching changes while he himself is retained. I see it as: It was Frost's decision not to change anything. He can live with the consequences of that. I see what you're saying, but that's where we'll disagree.
I can see that stance... I also have to ask, what is the ultimate goal?

To have a good football team or to punish Frost?

That is why I say the question Turd has to answer.... Is Frost the solution or the problem?

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can see that stance... I also have to ask, what is the ultimate goal?

To have a good football team or to punish Frost?

That is why I say the question Turd has to answer.... Is Frost the solution or the problem?

That's a greeeeeat question. I've been asking that question ever since we've been hearing "We're close" and "it's going to happen". If it's just to be competitive sure Frost's our guy. Frankly at Nebraska I'd argue most of the coaches in the country could do that here. I thought we had higher expectations then that.

It's certainly not to punish Frost, for me anyways. It's not a pride thing. It's results and progress.

Yep agreed. Turd's got a tough job. I don't know how he isn't the problem and I damn sure don't see him as the solution. Has he grown? Yes. Is it good enough? No. Will it be good enough? To eventually get to a bowl, probably. To win big? Hard for me to believe that to be true. I say we can do better so I don't get delaying that.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
That doesn’t make any fucking sense though.
Said the same thing after I read that article. I think the article was to set the stage for Frost to come back. The administration saw the progress and thought they were in the clear so they contact ESPN and get a puff piece goin. It's another vote of confidence typa thing. Theeeeeeeeeen Minnesota happened....

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
At this point what assistant coach worth a damn will want to come here in Year 5 & possibly get the immediate boot?
THIS. Who was want to come here and coach for a Dead-Man walking? People around the country know what is going on here. They see the numbers, the results, the lack of ability to play sound, mistake-free football. Anyone who watched the Illinois game in week 0 knows this is the Titanic.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
THIS. Who was want to come here and coach for a Dead-Man walking? People around the country know what is going on here. They see the numbers, the results, the lack of ability to play sound, mistake-free football. Anyone who watched the Illinois game in week 0 knows this is the Titanic.
My Bears recently ran into this problem with Nagy, no one wanted to come coach for a guy they believe is on his way to getting fired. They had no choice but to hire within & act like he was a rising star, fortunately it’s worked fairly well.

Slim chance Turd/Frost find/recognize 2-4 hidden gems to replace the scrubs he’s responsible for hiring & retaining year after year.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
My Bears recently ran into this problem with Nagy, no one wanted to come coach for a guy they believe is on his way to getting fired. They had no choice but to hire within & act like he was a rising star, fortunately it’s worked fairly well.

Slim chance Turd/Frost find/recognize 2-4 hidden gems to replace the scrubs he’s responsible for hiring & retaining year after year.
Lots of coaches out there. Many of whom a Nebraska assistant salary would be a 1.5x to 3x raise. It's a profession where a bad year or even brief run can break you and you're out on your ass. If Frost is willing to make changes, there are plenty of quality coaches he can get, but nothing he's done so far suggests he will do anything other than double down

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's staying. He will make some coaching changes after the year and go out and get a good jr/sr transfer QB from the portal. We will probably win 10-12 games next year and Frost will be our forever coach and all of the Frost haters will have to suck each others dicks under the school bleachers before they cry themselves to sleep every night
Can I suck yours first at the 50-yard line?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds