Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How much do we think HOL staff makes?

Am I the only one here to whom Matya has always been a decent guy? Whenever things have gotten a little out-of-bounds on RSS, it's always been Callahan that has started the beef (or responded to me essentially calling him out). Never had any issue with Matya, which seems odd given the stories I hear.
Have you ever called him out on his bullshit? If not, that's probably why/how you've avoided his ire.

Have you ever called him out on his bullshit? If not, that's probably why/how you've avoided his ire.
No, probably because I'm a dork who has actually never had any sort of antagonistic interaction with @ModTeam6 over there. I think it's largely because my combative stuff usually goes to the way they're conducting business journalistically and less about RSS, so Callahan instantly gets his dander up and enters the fray. There was also that stuff about "copying and pasting" to tPB from RSS. That was a laugh.

Actual mods, contrasted with writers, have always left me alone. I seriously can't think of a single DM I've gotten about posting behavior. The main episodes where I'm certain I would have thrown in with the scrappy rebels all happened while I was off-board/between accounts. I'm really sad I missed the night of Sam-I-Am's takedown, for instance. I would have loved to have gotten banned over that.

Also, I 100% support Matya losing his mind about how much the Huskers suck every so often. I wish more people on the HOL staff would do so.

Just wanted to update this - I was wrong, that's not Mike and is just some guy probably confused why we all looked at his LinkedIn.

"I'm not sure if you are aware, but Mike is fully paralyzed from the neck down. As a senior in HS he broke his neck diving into a shallow swimming pool in the early 1980s. Before that accident he was the Prom King, No. 1 in his class and starting QB at Omaha Central.

He has full-time around-the-clock nurse help that comes in and out of his house, along with his mother, who is a retired Catholic school teacher that takes care of him full-time. Mike truly is a miracle in what he's able to do. This is a man who literally has been able to fine a full-time thing that works when arguably very few in the world in his same shoes would have much of a purpose to live."
I had also heard that he was wheelchair bound but did not realize the extent of his injury. That’s pretty cool actually what he’s been able to do given his situation.

No, probably because I'm a dork who has actually never had any sort of antagonistic interaction with @ModTeam6 over there. I think it's largely because my combative stuff usually goes to the way they're conducting business journalistically and less about RSS, so Callahan instantly gets his dander up and enters the fray. There was also that stuff about "copying and pasting" to tPB from RSS. That was a laugh.

Actual mods, contrasted with writers, have always left me alone. I seriously can't think of a single DM I've gotten about posting behavior. The main episodes where I'm certain I would have thrown in with the scrappy rebels all happened while I was off-board/between accounts. I'm really sad I missed the night of Sam-I-Am's takedown, for instance. I would have loved to have gotten banned over that.

Also, I 100% support Matya losing his mind about how much the Huskers suck every so often. I wish more people on the HOL staff would do so.

giphy.gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back