Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How does Nebraska lose to Northwestern? (1 Viewer)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Been thinking more about this horrible topic and realizing how much I really do not want our season to be effectively over in week 0 for the second consecutive year.

We’ve dealt with a lot of shit this century but that kind of futility and irrelevancy and lack of hope is a fucking nut punch no one deserves.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Why are you posting clips of this???!!?

You sonofabitch don’t make me watch it again.

Reported for Gore and violence against my eyeballs!
one of the worst days of my life. it was my birthday, i was at my father in laws funeral, my 4 week old baby made us stop on the way home from a 3 hour drive approximately 23 times. we were in separate vehicles so no solution.

5E0EAC4E-F5FD-4319-9CCF-0542178F43B0.jpeg

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Coaching? Our offensive line being garbage? Northwestern coming out in a different defensive scheme ?
Specific to the thread title, the answer is the same ol’ song and dance as always. Turnovers and penalties can spell our doom in Dublin. Eliminate or minimize them and we win by 25 points.

My $.02…….❤️🌽🏈

Cornicator

Safety
Insider
How has Nebraska always lost to NW going back to 2011?

1. Fail to run the ball or give up on the run too soon.

2. Dumb turnovers setting up short fields for NW or mitigating scoring chances for Nebraska.

3. Not just penalties, but back breaking 15 yard infractions at crucial moments.

Nebraska will either win this game 34-17 or lose 20-19. There is no in between.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
How has Nebraska always lost to NW going back to 2011?

1. Fail to run the ball or give up on the run too soon.

2. Dumb turnovers setting up short fields for NW or mitigating scoring chances for Nebraska.

3. Not just penalties, but back breaking 15 yard infractions at crucial moments.

Nebraska will either win this game 34-17 or lose 20-19. There is no in between.
Got 2 out of 3 right. Good work.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Fuck...this place is starting to be insufferable. ***Snide comment about Frost***

Good God...

Nebraska wins by 3 possessions. They won't look perfect, they will turn the ball over and have too many penalties. But it's fucking Northwestern. 37-10 good guys.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
The fumble they allowed to stand was absolute horseshit. Knee was down.
The knee was probably down but the ref had to make a split second call on the field. Unfortunately he ruled a fumble and after replay there was no conclusive evidence to reverse. Had he called down by contact it would have stayed that way as well.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
The knee was probably down but the ref had to make a split second call on the field. Unfortunately he ruled a fumble and after replay there was no conclusive evidence to reverse. Had he called down by contact it would have stayed that way as well.
I wasn’t able to watch the game thank god, but the fact that it’s 2022 and we still can’t get enough angles to get reviewable calls correct is ridiculous.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Yeah, I get that. I thought the angle from behind showed the knee down before the ball was ripped out.

Either way, can't let turnovers like that happen in the first place. Or call on onside kick up 11 with all of the momentum in the world...

betsch

Safety
Run defense takes a bigger step back than though and NW is able to control ToP
Shitty OL can't establish the run gameNo
Turnovers lead to Neb having to play from behind
A special teams gaffe or two
Pull back into within a TD, get the ball back with a chance to win/tie but can't get a first down and game is over

Literally just realized I described the Illinois game from last year.
Nostradamus alert!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds