Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How does Nebraska lose to Northwestern? (2 Viewers)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
You mean you don't like our hurry up to punt up tempo gameplan? And to top that off, we usually punt from deep in our own territory, and shank the punt and also wiff on coverage.

What could go wrong??

We got billy big Busch now (I do seriously think the special teams will be drastically better…people say the offensive line can’t get worse which I laugh at, but with a dedicated ST coach now such as BB we should see noticeable improvement in this side)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We got billy big Busch now (I do seriously think the special teams will be drastically better…people say the offensive line can’t get worse which I laugh at, but with a dedicated ST coach now such as BB we should see noticeable improvement in this side)

I hope you are right. We will see pretty soon how much Busch can turn around probably the worst special teams play in all of college football (at least all of P5).

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I sure hope so. At the end of the day Busch isn’t the guy out there punting the football or kicking field goals. Or running down on kick coverage. Hopefully our P and K transfers are the real deal.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
You mean you don't like our hurry up to punt up tempo gameplan? And to top that off, we usually punt from deep in our own territory, and shank the punt and also wiff on coverage.

What could go wrong??
“Hurry up to Punt” is a great slogan for the Scott Frost offense we’ve seen. Home run or nothing. What’s a sustained drive?

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I’d say overall we should go into the 50-60s easily…bold statement I know

Well, that would be cutting our ranking in half in a good way (or more) where we ranked in overall special teams play last year (and every year under Frost). I don't think it is an overstatement to say we have had the worst overall special teams play in all of P5 over Frost's first 4 seasons. Quite an accomplishment.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not sure exactly how, but I'm pretty sure NU will find a way to fuck it up. I hate that this game is in Ireland and NW will be smart enough to use that to their advantage and we won't

NeAz

Linebacker
Elite Member
NW going ball control and shortening the game waiting for Nebraska to fuck up if it happens.
This. They run the clock and force us to beat ourselves in the fourth quarter as we always do.

The offense will be choppy with a new playbook and new players. OL is trash.

IMO the only way we win is if we score a defensive touchdown. We definitely need to win the turnover battle.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
This. They run the clock and force us to beat ourselves in the fourth quarter as we always do.

The offense will be choppy with a new playbook and new players. OL is trash.

IMO the only way we win is if we score a defensive touchdown. We definitely need to win the turnover battle.

Naw, we are waaay more talented. We have to (again) severly fuck up to lose this game. But.... we've fucked up a lot over the last too many years to keep track of.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Am I taking crazy pills or does everybody ITT not remember raping NW last season?

Like our fat ass 4th string RB and terrible OL looked like Lawrence Phillips and the pipeline.

If our defense is 1/2 as good as last years and our offense is better we will shove those Nerds in a locker.

Yes, it is about the only good memory from last season.

But can you not see how people are skeptical of how this Frost coached team plays? WTF knows what they will bring each, every and any week.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds