Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How does Nebraska lose to Northwestern? (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
We will win, but teddy will blow out his knee again and we will be screwed. 2-10.
lucious lyon wtf GIF

doublewing

Running Back
Am I taking crazy pills or does everybody ITT not remember raping NW last season?

Like our fat ass 4th string RB and terrible OL looked like Lawrence Phillips and the pipeline.

If our defense is 1/2 as good as last years and our offense is better we will shove those Nerds in a locker.
NW sucks but Scott Frost remains our coach.

Last year at this time we were talking about how bad we'd beat Illinois.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Yes, it is about the only good memory from last season.

But can you not see how people are skeptical of how this Frost coached team plays? WTF knows what they will bring each, every and any week.

NW sucks but Scott Frost remains our coach.

Last year at this time we were talking about how bad we'd beat Illinois.

You guys!! We didn’t know Illinois was gonna run a different front on defense!

Totally not the coaches fault. Who could have possibly thought a power 5 football team might change their defense and use multiple formations based on their opponent?

And what was Nebraska supposed to do all spring ball and fall practice? Prepare for the 3-4 AND the 4-3? What are they supermen?

**the above is sarcasm**

But all jokes aside, I understand what you guys are saying but NW has way more things they need to improve on than NU does to win the game.

NU played the same against NW as they did against most teams, it’s just that NW was terrible last season. Hopefully they are still terrible because I think this team (and coaching staff) has such low confidence and self esteem that winning and getting some momentum will be huge.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Coaching? Our offensive line being garbage? Northwestern coming out in a different defensive scheme ?
I haven't read the replies but Northwestern has been...by far the worst offensive power 5 team in the nation 2 of the last 3 years (the one year they werent was the covid year).

Nebraska can not be -2 or -3 in the turnover battle and they have to break even on special teams. If that happens Nebraska will cover the 10 points or whatever it is. If that does not happen it's a toss up. Northwestern was not good on defense last year and their best player transferred to Notre Dame and torched the NW DC on the way out.

They are awful at QB. They have one elite player and it's their left tackle...who is awesome.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
You guys!! We didn’t know Illinois was gonna run a different front on defense!
What's crazy about that is Illinois completely changed their defense halfway through the season because their defense was awful. Terrible excuse by Nebraska. The real reason they lost..

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Fuck...this place is starting to be insufferable. ***Snide comment about Frost***

Good God...

Nebraska wins by 3 possessions. They won't look perfect, they will turn the ball over and have too many penalties. But it's fucking Northwestern. 37-10 good guys.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
What's crazy about that is Illinois completely changed their defense halfway through the season because their defense was awful. Terrible excuse by Nebraska. The real reason they lost..

Why are you posting clips of this???!!?

You sonofabitch don’t make me watch it again.

Reported for Gore and violence against my eyeballs!

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I’d steer clear of us covering or tge overs
NFL teams have trouble scoring points when traveling overseas
Points will be hard to come by just bc of the travel & time difference
I’m expecting an ugly game which feels like a loss even if we win.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
So hypothetically how can we lose to a terrible NW Team?
-Matty D & Frost take the team to Happy Hour the day before the game at the Irish version of Gate25
-for those old enough to remember the Solich years & the infamous bowl game: Frost feeds the team Fish & Chips for dinner the night before the game
-Whipple is chucking the ball around all game having our offense looking good plus building a big lead. 4th Quarter Frost forces Whipple to run the ball to eat the clock and we go 3 & Out every drive cuz our O Line sucks and Fitzgerald knows whats coming. NW scores 3 TD's in the 4th to beat us by 1 pt.
-4th & goal at the 1/2 yard line with us up by 4 points with 34 seconds left. Frost elects to kick the field goal instead of going for the TD which worse case scenario gives NW the ball with little time and operating from their own endzone and needing a TD to win. NW drives down to score a TD in 30 seconds, then successfully goes for 2 beating us by 1 pt.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
NW scores 3 TD's in the 4th
I'm not sure that's possible unless it's special teams/defensive tds involved.

Only way NW wins this game is if it's low scoring and ugly. That is certainly a possibility. NW offense scores a maximum 17 points.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Hasn't Nebraska already discovered every single possible way to lose a game on the scoreboard that they dominated on the stat sheet?

If they invent one more way to lose a game that fiction writers couldn't come up with, I'm burning my Bo Pelini sideline sweatshirt.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I'm going to go with "bring the wrong cleats and spend 60 minutes slipping and sliding all over a soccer field"
Adidas invented the soccer cleat
So this is one advantage we do have. One phone call by the equipment team to Germany & there should be no issues with footing on that field
If we lose due to footing being an adidas school to a UA school, it would be massively embarrassing for Adidas.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds