Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How does Nebraska lose to Northwestern?

We won’t. We will win 3 touchdowns at least.
Anything is possible. Numerous new faces both on the field and in the coaching staff. Lots of unanswered questions (many won't be answered until later in the season IMO) about too many things to make a call on our final record this season. We may have a higher ceiling this year (may), but the O Line looks like it might be ass, and so many new faces at important positions, it is really hard to make a call on anything.

We should beat NW by 10+ (probably more like 14+ but don't want to get greedy), but I will just take a win by 1 point. Better than losing.

Run defense takes a bigger step back than though and NW is able to control ToP
Shitty OL can't establish the run game
Turnovers lead to Neb having to play from behind
A special teams gaffe or two
Pull back into within a TD, get the ball back with a chance to win/tie but can't get a first down and game is over

Literally just realized I described the Illinois game from last year.

to have and have not GIF

Scotty Frost has burned me too many times to make any bets

Run defense takes a bigger step back than though and NW is able to control ToP
Shitty OL can't establish the run game
Turnovers lead to Neb having to play from behind
A special teams gaffe or two
Pull back into within a TD, get the ball back with a chance to win/tie but can't get a first down and game is over

Literally just realized I described the Illinois game from last year.

28-24 NU…the smart guys

On talent alone we should beat NW by three TDs. Unfortunately, I think we'll look a little disjointed on both sides of the ball. Not sure the offense will be ready to roll yet, the OL play will be sub-par, and the replacements for the star power we lost on defense will struggle.

It will be a close game and could go either way, but I think we lose by 3-7 points.

On talent alone we should beat NW by three TDs. Unfortunately, I think we'll look a little disjointed on both sides of the ball. Not sure the offense will be ready to roll yet, the OL play will be sub-par, and the replacements for the star power we lost on defense will struggle.

It will be a close game and could go either way, but I think we lose by 3-7 points.

So typical NU vs NU rivalry game

We win if we can get 3-5 yards on first down. Playing behind the sticks and quick 3 and outs have destroyed us and been a common theme in the Frost era.

Keep our defense off the field and we win the game.

New OC + new QB + shitty OL in game one will lead to choppy offensive output. NW will play more disciplined football.

I think NU wins but it‘s a one score game they could easily lose.
Shitty OL play is not possible. In nearly all player interviews this year when asked about the OL they all say there’s noticeable improvement. Raiola’s coaching style is better and there’s Dawgs out there man

We win if we can get 3-5 yards on first down. Playing behind the sticks and quick 3 and outs have destroyed us and been a common theme in the Frost era.

Keep our defense off the field and we win the game.

You mean you don't like our hurry up to punt up tempo gameplan? And to top that off, we usually punt from deep in our own territory, and shank the punt and also wiff on coverage.

What could go wrong??

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back