Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL How disappointed are you that as of 11/21 we have no HC signed and have to wait until after cockeye for a Kansas coach? (2 Viewers)

How disappointed are you that as of 11/21 we haven't locked down a coach?

• Bigly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Herbie

Quarterback
Klieman is just OK. Solid coach, won't recruit very well though. We'd be a middle of the pack B1G team with him and every five or six years we might be a top 4 team in the B1G. High floor, low ceiling. We fucked, yo
Being a better program sounds miserable!

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
This is the rationale behind pretty much every coaching promotion ever, and just because it was wrong & poorly thought out in Riley's case doesn't mean it's not one of the top criteria for evaluation.
No, the calculus is whether the coach can maximize the resources, handle the pressure/expectations, etc. at the bigger school.

A coach doing more with less is a separate thing and doesn’t necessarily prove that someone is capable of stepping up to the big leagues.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
No, the calculus is whether the coach can maximize the resources, handle the pressure/expectations, etc. at the bigger school.

A coach doing more with less is a separate thing and doesn’t necessarily prove that someone is capable of stepping up to the big leagues.
If they're maximizing what they've got at podunkville, that is the top indicator they will do that at a bigger location.

Doesn't prove it, but best indicator.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m in the middle but there’s still time. We haven’t definitely got info that it isn’t Rhule or some big fish hire.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Klieman is just OK. Solid coach, won't recruit very well though. We'd be a middle of the pack B1G team with him and every five or six years we might be a top 4 team in the B1G. High floor, low ceiling. We fucked, yo
That would in fact be an upgrade from the last half decade to be honest

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
You think other BIG time programs would go after him? Of course not.

This is Nebraska being stale and boring and putting a ceiling on a program.

Their logical has been stuck in the 90's ever since.......... the 90's.

In the past 20 years:

NU has had one Top 15 finish
KSU has had four Top 15 finishes

NU has had 0 conference titles
KSU has had 2 conference titles

NU has had 9 losing seasons (7 of the last 8)
KSU has had 7 losing seasons

I'm done looking down on any other programs, or thinking we're still some jewel of college football. Yeah we have zillions of dollars, that can offset a lot, but we're still sitting in the freaking gutter. There's a decent chance that despite all the money sitting here coaches still just think of NU as a dead end in the modern world.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
i put ten because why not

i assume Urban will be announced shortly

i won't be that upset if its monken or LL or Klieman, they're good coaches, i want to win Natty's though

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
His aspiration for a move up isn’t a 2nd tier job. Especially when that 3rd tier job can pay just as much money.
Really the only tier 1 job that might open up this year is A&M.

I don't think Auburn is as good as most think.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
In the past 20 years:

NU has had one Top 15 finish
KSU has had four Top 15 finishes

NU has had 0 conference titles
KSU has had 2 conference titles

NU has had 9 losing seasons (7 of the last 8)
KSU has had 7 losing seasons

I'm done looking down on any other programs, or thinking we're still some jewel of college football. Yeah we have zillions of dollars, that can offset a lot, but we're still sitting in the freaking gutter. There's a decent chance that despite all the money sitting here coaches still just think of NU as a dead end in the modern world.
OKay, and.

I want something better than the KSU coach.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds