Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hoiberg to Okie ST and A&M to BIG? (1 Viewer)

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
donald trump fake news GIF by Feibi McIntosh

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
The A&M thing is good clickbait. There's just enough history there (A&M wanting to get away from the Longhorns) to make people wonder.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
How could the Big 12 pay more money than the SEC?
You mean how could the Big 10 pay more than SEC? or how could Big 12 pay more than Big 10?

Big 10 and SEC make about the same and are projected to make about the same in revenue every year

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This guy posts a lot of crazy stuff about realignment, and then claims victory when one of 890 things he said hits.

Having said that, I absolutely believe A&M would like to get away from Texas, and my understanding is there is no exit fee in the SEC because they figure nobody wants to leave.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I don't know much about this guy or his credibility but his show has 2.7M weekly listeners

I will say, I was told that the B1G conference expansion would potentially include an SEC team.

The B1G is a more stable conference financially having its TV money diversified whereas SEC is really betting on Disney to come through. Disney has been speculated to not be in the best spot financially with ESPN, but I haven't investigated it recently.

I don't see Fred leaving for Ok Lite... I imagine Turd likes how Fred is a pro and will get a deal worked up this year for the long term.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I will say, I was told that the B1G conference expansion would potentially include an SEC team.

The B1G is a more stable conference financially having its TV money diversified whereas SEC is really betting on Disney to come through. Disney has been speculated to not be in the best spot financially with ESPN, but I haven't investigated it recently.

I don't see Fred leaving for Ok Lite... I imagine Turd likes how Fred is a pro and will get a deal worked up this year for the long term.
The Disney concentration is an issue but let's be real. If Disney didn't come through for the SEC they would have no problem getting TV contracts with anyone else.

That doesn't really have anything to do with your point on Fred. No way he leaves for Okie light unless Nenraska forced him out.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

It will piss some people off, but Fred does have to get paid. After this season, someone is likely to go after him.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
This guy posts a lot of crazy stuff about realignment, and then claims victory when one of 890 things he said hits.

Having said that, I absolutely believe A&M would like to get away from Texas, and my understanding is there is no exit fee in the SEC because they figure nobody wants to leave.
Ah the ol’ Nostradamus approach

Reactions: Irv

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

Aggies being told if they make this move will have veto power if Texas tries to move again.

I think there's a word missing from this sentence, but I have no idea what it is trying to convey. The Big Ten will give TAM veto power if Texas tries to join? The SEC will give TAM veto power if it stays in the SEC (but Texas has already joined?) Who is giving them veto power? Is the missing word "not," so they will not have veto power?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you look at the football staff at A&M, there are a mix of guys with Texas and Big Ten geographical backgrounds. Elko is an East Coast guy, but Purdue, Northwestern, and Penn St are represented besides Nebraska and K St. It's almost as if they built a B1G staff.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds