Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hiring Process - How far are we? (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
My guess is still BOB or Leipold. We will see soon enough.
Gun to my head, it's a guy we haven't even considered as a possibility. I'll have you know that I told my dad in the search that ultimately ended up with old man Riley that his first words would be "what the fuck" and I wasnt sure if that would be a good what the fuck or a bad what the fuck

Spoiler: it was bad

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
It’s still odd to me Leipold has been mum the whole time and hasn’t signed a big extension with early signing day coming up. I guess he could be off to somewhere else too.
Agreed. With KU announcing the facility upgrades, you’d think they’d lock down their coach

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gun to my head, it's a guy we haven't even considered as a possibility. I'll have you know that I told my dad in the search that ultimately ended up with old man Riley that his first words would be "what the fuck" and I wasnt sure if that would be a good what the fuck or a bad what the fuck

Spoiler: it was bad
My dad called me about the hire. I didn’t believe it. We were also thinking wtf in a bad way.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If that’s the case, you’d think our coach is currently coaching then
If the rumor they want a big celebration announcement is true, I can see them waiting until Cockeye. Also, Rhule just had a tough period and only got fired a month ago. If it’s him I really, really think he’d want a Thanksgiving with the family before he went to the next job. If I were him I’d want that, and I bet his wife and kids do. They probably thought he’d be home for a while.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
BOB stock has plummeted. Even Finebaum has put BOB in a the the shitter. I hate Finebaum the Crypt Keeper. But, he’s usually spot on.
If it’s BOB Turd’s mind was already made up before his supposed stock dropped. I’m just guessing like everyone else. Leipold still makes the most sense for a lot of reasons, but like others have said it will probably be a guy we haven’t brought up.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
If it’s BOB Turd’s mind was already made up before his supposed stock dropped. I’m just guessing like everyone else. Leipold still makes the most sense for a lot of reasons, but like others have said it will probably be a guy we haven’t brought up.
Most definitely. I hear ya. How Turd and his office had handled this is pretty impressive. Gives me a lot of confidence.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s starting to resemble USC last year imo so it very well could be someone we thought no way in hell….someone like Urban!
If it was Urban you would have named him awhile back for recruiting.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
It’s starting to resemble USC last year imo so it very well could be someone we thought no way in hell….someone like Urban!
If I remember correctly. Last year Oklahoma had some head scratcher games. That left you baffled at their performance.
I’ve been looking at that with teams this year, of rumored coaches.
Gundy, Oklahoma St?

Herbie

Quarterback
Nebraska won’t get a huge out of left field hire. But if it’s a surprise hire it will be one of the following; Dave Doeren, Dino Babers, Mike Gundy, Jeff Traylor, David Shaw, or some dumb shot like that. A solid coach that should have a better job than they have but don’t

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
If the rumor they want a big celebration announcement is true, I can see them waiting until Cockeye. Also, Rhule just had a tough period and only got fired a month ago. If it’s him I really, really think he’d want a Thanksgiving with the family before he went to the next job. If I were him I’d want that, and I bet his wife and kids do. They probably thought he’d be home for a while.
It would be for the best. Nothing like extended time off and being around family for the holidays to make you want to get back to work.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If it was Urban you would have named him awhile back for recruiting.
I think it's fair that you gave Mickey the formality of being mathematically eliminated from a bowl game first though.

Having said that if they don't announce soon after the loss to Michigan then it has to be a head coach still coaching. Even an assistant like BoB you'd announce after Michigan.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds