Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hire? Fire? Coordinator? (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This was a Cover 3 question. In Marry? Fuck? Kill? style college football coaches. I think recent Nebraska is an easy one but curious if everyone else thinks the same.

Frost, Riley, Pelini

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
This is a pretty good one.
I might take Frost or Pelini as coordinators. Don't want any as head coach.
But to play the game: Riley, Pelini, Frost.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hire: Riley
Fire: Bo
Coordinator: Frost

Bo showed at LSU DC ain't for him anymore either. I still think Frost comes back as a decent OC somewhere.

Plus, taken into context of the current staff, Riley as a CEO type with White covering things on defense doesn't sound awful to me.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
Riley HC
Frost OC
Fire Pelini

It still wouldn’t be an ideal scenario, but if that’s the chicken shit we’re forced to work with, that’s how I would like the chicken salad made. I still think Frost has a future as an OC. He just needs someone above him to hold him accountable.

Riley wasn’t the answer for us as HC, but Eichorst’s meddling was also part of the problem. I would expect Riley to be the best of the three at being a CEO that has SOME semblance of accountability that would be needed to keep one of the other two knuckleheads in line.

Pelini is now past his prime, as we witnessed when he returned to LSU, and I think would absolutely loath the current college game.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Bo’s peso defense became outdated & easily exposed at some point with current offenses. Maybe RPOs are a big part of that but I always remember how UCLA ran the same running back wheel route over & over to exploit Will compton with Bo’s assignments. Dude never made adjustments from his base defense which is why Wisconsin could run the same play & a guy would run for 400/200 yards.

Does it have to be Riley? I’d take Bill Callahan as HC with Frost & Bo is our only defensive minded coach so we’re stuck with him. Callahan knows offense to keep frost in check & can recruit nfl guys while developing the OL. Dude set up Bo with our best defense which was a ton of nfl talent.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
This was a Cover 3 question. In Marry? Fuck? Kill? style college football coaches. I think recent Nebraska is an easy one but curious if everyone else thinks the same.

Frost, Riley, Pelini
I've given this a lot of thought, was trying to play the game, but I just can't. They were all justifiably fired and I don't want any of them close to the program. Riley just isn't very good and I don't think Frost or Pelini will ever be a good coordinator again. I don't want any of them as a HC or coordinator again, can't even do it in a pretend game. Sorry.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hire: Riley
Fire: Bo
Coordinator: Frost

Bo showed at LSU DC ain't for him anymore either. I still think Frost comes back as a decent OC somewhere.

Plus, taken into context of the current staff, Riley as a CEO type with White covering things on defense doesn't sound awful to me.
Plus Frost and Riley would be less volatile than Riley/Pelini.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think Frost would probably run into similar problems as Riley’s OC because he wouldn’t respect him as a boss. We all remember how openly he dissed the previous regime’s tactics when he got here. He would’ve (rightly) seen Riley as a pushover and (wrongly) thought he had all the answers himself. And when his answers didn’t work he would’ve said “screw it load up the cooler let’s hit the water skis”

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think Frost would probably run into similar problems as Riley’s OC because he wouldn’t respect him as a boss. We all remember how openly he dissed the previous regime’s tactics when he got here. He would’ve (rightly) seen Riley as a pushover and (wrongly) thought he had all the answers himself. And when his answers didn’t work he would’ve said “screw it load up the cooler let’s hit the water skis”
Yet....still better than Pelini murdering Nice Mike.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Hire Bo
Fire Riley
Coordinator Frost
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bo’s peso defense became outdated & easily exposed at some point with current offenses. Maybe RPOs are a big part of that but I always remember how UCLA ran the same running back wheel route over & over to exploit Will compton with Bo’s assignments. Dude never made adjustments from his base defense which is why Wisconsin could run the same play & a guy would run for 400/200 yards.

Does it have to be Riley? I’d take Bill Callahan as HC with Frost & Bo is our only defensive minded coach so we’re stuck with him. Callahan knows offense to keep frost in check & can recruit nfl guys while developing the OL. Dude set up Bo with our best defense which was a ton of nfl talent.
Any defense can be successful if you have jimmys and joes. Pelini dropped the ball on recruiting more than anything. The game may have also passed him by when he got back to LSU, but he took over the defense during the Covid year. It was a shit show.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds