Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hey guys? (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
ORDER THE CODE RED TO START PURGING THE CATHOLICS @HuskerGarrett

PS: Catholics are all pedophiles, just in case anybody forgot about their child raping ways
Paul Bearer Sport GIF by WWE

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
He's running circles around the other site. Makes Mongo look even more lost than he already is. Gotta be making ole Deab nervous.
Yeah without getting too weird or personal it just goes to show how, in general, you just get used to what you're used to... The new Rivals guys are showing us what we were missing all those years when there weren't really other options. Great writing, tenacious reporting, deep knowledge of the game, it's a fun site!

I can't believe how many old Rivals features had sloppy grammar and misspellings, and "insights" about how the writer texted a bunch of recruits and never heard back... Anyway I'm excited to keep following the new guys as we get into spring and next season!

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
...thanks

As a disclaimer: Yes, this is actually me: Zack Carpenter, stealin' TVs (movie references!) and, yes, I'm posting this at 1 a.m. because I'm a night owl and because I'm tired of putting this off lol I've told @HuskerGarrett about 5-6 times in the last few months that I was gonna make a thank you post in here but, ya know, #laziness and #procrastination

You guys have been super supportive of Inside Nebraska, my staff and me throughout the last 6.5 months – really, right from the start when I took over as publisher the first week of June. Garrett showed me some of the threads in the summer, which was awesome to see, and Garrett was one of the first people to reach out and show support when I took over. (I checked my DMs from June 1, and he was actually the fourth person to DM me that day so...he was that close to officially being Supporter No. 1 haha)

I'm really excited about the foundation we've laid over there and about the direction we're heading. And I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for backing us up on tPB and wanted to issue a statement of appreciation, which is attached below. – Zack

6b932670-c056-48da-a672-c0e6553b010a_text.gif

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
@Zack Carpenter let me tell you ole @HuskerGarrett wears cargo shorts. But @RedSeaRising and i love em Belllchhh

gonna come out of character here s bit and thank you for posting and welcome you, You stupid sumbitch. i got banned more than you shake a stick at back on the scrolls. which after the 73rd time, a drunk text happened one night and then tPB happened thanks to @HuskerGarrett sellin half his farm. Please scroll the different threads and forums to get a feel.
What is this “come out of character” you speak of? 🤔

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
...thanks

As a disclaimer: Yes, this is actually me: Zack Carpenter, stealin' TVs (movie references!) and, yes, I'm posting this at 1 a.m. because I'm a night owl and because I'm tired of putting this off lol I've told @HuskerGarrett about 5-6 times in the last few months that I was gonna make a thank you post in here but, ya know, #laziness and #procrastination

You guys have been super supportive of Inside Nebraska, my staff and me throughout the last 6.5 months – really, right from the start when I took over as publisher the first week of June. Garrett showed me some of the threads in the summer, which was awesome to see, and Garrett was one of the first people to reach out and show support when I took over. (I checked my DMs from June 1, and he was actually the fourth person to DM me that day so...he was that close to officially being Supporter No. 1 haha)

I'm really excited about the foundation we've laid over there and about the direction we're heading. And I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for backing us up on tPB and wanted to issue a statement of appreciation, which is attached below. – Zack
That Geoff dude is doing a solid job on both VB and wrestling. Even tho he struggles to spell his name correctly……😉

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thanks @Zack Carpenter we appreciate what you do at Rivals. Great compliment to what @HuskerGarrett has built at tPB. Many of us have a history of battling $Dean on misinformation, his protecting Frost/Pelini, promoting/protecting the shady ABM, Fluff Pieces to sell subscriptions, lack of qualified writers, "Posing" as an Insider but no Inside Info, lazy reporting, information being shared on Twitter before he shared it with his paying Subscribers........ and many of us got Vacations to Chili for calling him out on his BS to sell subscriptions and try to accelerate his "Rise to Power". Many posters like myself go back to the Tough Tony Days of Rivals which was in the late 90's. Was a wild board with all kinds of crazy shit and fun. Under $Dean's watch the product quality and Journalistic Integrity of RSS changed as he has tried making himself the Face of Husker recruiting on TV, Radio and speaking engagements. It seems as if HuskerOnline is an afterthought to him now.

Love that you brought back Journalistic Integrity to the site plus qualified writers who can break down football film. Greg is a beast and love his pieces. Your staff seems very qualified plus appreciate their hard work. Please thank your staff and let them know we appreciate their hard work journalistic skills. GBR

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
@Zack Carpenter let me tell you ole @HuskerGarrett wears cargo shorts. But @RedSeaRising and i love em Belllchhh

gonna come out of character here s bit and thank you for posting and welcome you, You stupid sumbitch. i got banned more than you shake a stick at back on the scrolls. which after the 73rd time, a drunk text happened one night and then tPB happened thanks to @HuskerGarrett sellin half his farm. Please scroll the different threads and forums to get a feel.
Appreciate the warm welcome! Haha funny story (that I think is funny anyway)...in my fantasy FB league in high school one year, the punishment for finishing last place was having to wear either cargo shorts or jean shorts for an entire week at school lol

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Zach, how much you bench, bud? I bet you bench more than Dean.
I was at a two-rep 275 max three years ago. Did that a handful of times. Goal was always to get three plates to hit 315 but never did. I was really in the zone one day and DID put the three plates on the bar. Took one look at it, knew there was no way and took the third plate right off haha I haven't done barbell bench in about two years though. It just destroys my right shoulder, so I pivoted to DB bench

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I've got nothing but respect for you and your team Zack. You guys seem very professional and are doing a great job. No offense to you at all, but your boy Greg has been absolutely killing it lately!
Thank you! And I'm not gonna take offense to people saying the guy I hired who works for my company is killing it :ROFLMAO: Greg has cemented himself as a star on this beat

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
As much as I did not like the previous Rivals staff, I was skeptical of someone new coming in being able to make it work -- it certainly can't be easy.

Even with that prejudice, you guys won me over right away. It feels like the Nebraska site that Rivals/247/Tater Island was always supposed to have.
That's really all I was realistically hoping for from the start – hesitancy/skepticism but an open mind. Glad that so many had that mentality!

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Steve Marik has done great work too. I probably won't drop my rivals sub after all
Steve has been awesome. He's a lot like a Rhule assistant: young, driven, talented and dedicated as hell. I said when I first announced his hire that he wasn't a big name in the market yet but that was going to change. I think his stock is still on the rise!

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
That Geoff dude is doing a solid job on both VB and wrestling. Even tho he struggles to spell his name correctly……😉

Geoff is young, but he's grown a lot over the last 6-7 months. He's fully comfortable with the wrestling beat. He didn't have much experience covering VB and it took him a little time to adjust (which I knew would happen going in), but over the course of his first year it was awesome to see him really take to it. He learned the game more, developed a passion for covering the sport/team and really set a great foundation for himself!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds