Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Have we reached the end? (1 Viewer)

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
I've done forgot what it feels like to even make a bowl game or even beat an Cockeye or Minnesota for that matter since Cockeye's going to be heading into a decade also.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I’m not even kidding, I can’t even remotely envision or fathom us having success anymore. We could hire Nick Saban and I don’t think it would matter. The culture is so for gone I don’t think there is any bringing it back.

We’ll just continue to have the same entitled culture with entitled players who truly think they are giving it their all. We now adore our players with praise for “not giving up”. Best of luck to whomever the next sucker is.

That is word for word what I've been telling people for the last 10 years.
Good lord, can Husker fans be any more dramatic? It's the shitty attitudes like this that bother me more than the losing.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Good lord, can Husker fans be any more dramatic? It's the shitty attitudes like this that bother me more than the losing.
Ok when do we make a bowl game? Finish with a winning record? Win a division? Win the conference? Every passing year we are a bottom dweller the harder it is to crawl out. I don’t know if folks appreciate how much trouble the program is in.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
I mean are we wrong though? Give us some insight there chief. Give any hope you have there besides a new hire that they'll more than likely botch.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Ok when do we make a bowl game? Finish with a winning record? Win a division? Win the conference? Every passing year we are a bottom dweller the harder it is to crawl out. I don’t know if folks appreciate how much trouble the program is in.

I mean are we wrong though? Give us some insight there chief. Give any hope you have there besides a new hire that they'll more than likely botch.
We literally watched several perennial dumpster fire teams crawl out of their shit holes recently in college football. There's no reason Nebraska can't do it. Go watch the NFL if you can't even see hope again.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
We literally watched several perennial dumpster fire teams crawl out of their shit holes recently in college football. There's no reason Nebraska can't do it. Go watch the NFL if you can't even see hope again.
No offense but the bar is lower than low. I don't know if dumpster fire covers it anymore.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Just because another dumpster fire actually reaches bowl eligibility doesn't mean that we will. For one, we can't even come close to beating team in our division and we can't compete in the non-con. We have many more challenges and issues that many of those schools don't have. There is so much entitlement here that we attract a certain type of player that generally doesn't lead to winning. These players and coaches are now about to walk into a new $165m football facility, I am sure that will really help the motivation.

I will believe again when I feel like the goal is to actually win. I don't believe anyone from North Stadium to the big time donors have a burning desire to win. Sure, it sounds nice but everyone is fat and happy.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
That's debatable.

Just because another dumpster fire actually reaches bowl eligibility doesn't mean that we will. For one, we can't even come close to beating team in our division and we can't compete in the non-con. We have many more challenges and issues that many of those schools don't have. There is so much entitlement here that we attract a certain type of player that generally doesn't lead to winning. These players and coaches are now about to walk into a new $165m football facility, I am sure that will really help the motivation.

I will believe again when I feel like the goal is to actually win. I don't believe anyone from North Stadium to the big time donors have a burning desire to win. Sure, it sounds nice but everyone is fat and happy.
You guys certainly are a pair. Go watch some NFL. No one will miss you.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
You guys certainly are a pair. Go watch some NFL. No one will miss you.

Yeah I do not understand the "all is lost" trope. Kansas and fucking UConn are both bowl eligible this year. NU still has talent it has just been sorely mismanaged since the day that Dipshit Frost came on board.

NU can be a bowl eligible team starting next year.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Yeah but they aren’t cursed. The simulation is only trying to give us hope, and/or troll us with their success. Just give up, and hope some merciful soul unplugs whatever computer our concisenesses are downloaded to.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Yeah I do not understand the "all is lost" trope. Kansas and fucking UConn are both bowl eligible this year. NU still has talent it has just been sorely mismanaged since the day that Dipshit Frost came on board.

NU can be a bowl eligible team starting next year.
We'll need to revamp the OL and DL, but if we can do that then we're definitely talented enough in the other areas to make a bowl next year.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Why all the negativity? It has been like hell, for sure, all these last several years, ever since we started having losing seasons and stopped making bowl games.

Help is on the way. I hope it's Rhule as almost all reports are indicating it will be.

We should improve right away next season and hopefully never have losing seasons. That is my opinion and I am not dreaming. We are still one of eight true blue bloods and should return to our right place among the mighty.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds