Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Harper Murray - DUI (3 Viewers)

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Scheels management are idiots. You have her shoplifting and instead of using that as leverage to maybe get a future appearance at your store out of it worth way more than $70 you run and post it on Facebook and get police involved.
That’s a private Facebook group also what you’re describing is bribery

COYS

Linebacker
That’s a private Facebook group also what you’re describing is bribery
Well aware it’s bribery. That type of stuff happens all the time in the real world. I would argue for a sporting goods company that benefits heavily on the success of Husker athletics and volleyball specifically, it’s pretty dumb to turn in a star athlete to the police over $70 worth of merchandise. Get a hold of somebody within the athletic department and tell them what happened. Earning yourself some goodwill with the University. Don’t even have to try and get anything in exchange. That’s a smarter play.

Last edited:

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yeah some of you need to use your brains. If the cops didn't have Dr Tom on speed dial we might be a few natties lighter
ORRRR, If Thom had his brain he would have given us more nattys and not had Nancy peg him and fuck the rest of Husker nation.

KRouge

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
They were probably trying to check her out and then realized she was stealing from them. Most businesses don't have someone on the cameras all the time.
Can confirm. I used to catch shoplifters for Shopko, Sears, and Younkers (coincidence that they are all bankrupt?) and some of my biggest busts were from watching hot chicks in the makeup and jewelry sections.

And yes you can’t be on the cameras at all times and 50% of the cameras aren’t real. You can bet the ones in electronics are though.

The hardest people to bust were those that would go into the bedding section, grab something, and return it. Also struggled with anything dressing room related.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
They were probably trying to check her out and then realized she was stealing from them. Most businesses don't have someone on the cameras all the time.
Scheels does. Used to have at least two guys either on cameras or creepily walking the store watching ppl.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Can confirm. I used to catch shoplifters for Shopko, Sears, and Younkers (coincidence that they are all bankrupt?) and some of my biggest busts were from watching hot chicks in the makeup and jewelry sections.

And yes you can’t be on the cameras at all times and 50% of the cameras aren’t real. You can bet the ones in electronics are though.

The hardest people to bust were those that would go into the bedding section, grab something, and return it. Also struggled with anything dressing room related.
That settles it. Someone please put a camera in Harper Murray's dressing room. Public safety depends on it. All kidding aside, there are some good stories in retail. I worked my way through college at a sports retailer and it was great entertainment.

Had a guy threaten me once because I wouldn't take his stolen shoes back. We had him on camera. His wife/girlfriend tried to talk him down .... Cops came....had a warrant out for his arrest for skipping court on multiple assault charges. I dodged one there. Buh bye.

Our female security guard, who thought she was 007, got thrown through a display case trying to stop a shoplifter. He just manhandled her. That one got away.

Had a girl leave a fairly sizeable drug stash in a cassette tape case in the dressing room. She called the store wondering if we found it. When she came in to pick it up, she was arrested.

Criminals aren't always clear thinkers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds