Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Gubernatorial Thread (3 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
All I wanted was to once again have a Governor that’s not a super rich guy.

Ricketts is gone, but now our choices are realistically gonna be between 2 other super rich guys.

Fuck, I guess give me Pillen

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
All I wanted was to once again have a Governor that’s not a super rich guy.

Ricketts is gone, but now our choices are realistically gonna be between 2 other super rich guys.

Fuck, I guess give me Pillen
I want to know where they stand on the real issues like Frost? All joking aside I see more Pillen stuff going on ads wise and ground wise. I figured Herbster will outspend him when it comes time and win. I’ll probably vote for Pillen because he was a good guy to work for.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I want to know where they stand on the real issues like Frost? All joking aside I see more Pillen stuff going on ads wise and ground wise. I figured Herbster will outspend him when it comes time and win. I’ll probably vote for Pillen because he was a good guy to work for.

I've met Herbster twice, he is a fucking idiot and literally not from Nebraska.

Pillen at least is smart and didn't grow up with extreme wealth.

I hate people like Herbster, their greatest life achievement was being born.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've met Herbster twice, he is a fucking idiot and literally not from Nebraska.

Pillen at least is smart and didn't grow up with extreme wealth.

I hate people like Herbster, their greatest life achievement was being born.
Pillen built a kickass new building in Columbus. He was pretty hands on, but he was a good guy. I guess I’ve made my mind up off your post.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Who is the one running around with a SHOTTY talking about family values?

nerdofalltrades

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
1. You have to be a millionaire to run for Governor so we are screwed in that sense.
2. Pillen's commercials are aweful, he comes off like a dolt.
3. Herbster is from Nebraska born and raised in Falls City
4. Pillen was born a land Baron as well, they both have been successful and built on what was given to them.
5. I have met them both, Herbster was the more genuine of the two and the fact that Rickets/Pillen tried to buy him out of the race makes me want to vote for him.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. You have to be a millionaire to run for Governor so we are screwed in that sense.
2. Pillen's commercials are aweful, he comes off like a dolt.
3. Herbster is from Nebraska born and raised in Falls City
4. Pillen was born a land Baron as well, they both have been successful and built on what was given to them.
5. I have met them both, Herbster was the more genuine of the two and the fact that Rickets/Pillen tried to buy him out of the race makes me want to vote for him.
Pillen is a big player in the TC'ers and rumored to be one of the boosters who put the squeeze on Turd. Follow the money. He has much to gain financially if he is governor. I think it is sad that Politics have come to rich guys with agendas trying to get richer. If Pillen is elected Frost wouldn't even need to worry about Win/Loss Records to keep his job. There are numerous big Husker Boosters who can't stand him.

I technically don't have a Dog in this Fight as I don't live or vote in Nebraska but the Governor has quite a bit of influence over what goes on at a University. From what I have heard from the Boosters I know they feel he would not be good for the Athletic Department and Football Program. Let the AD do the job he was hired to do. We already have too many people from the outside meddling in Husker Sports. It's been decades since an AD could do their job without interference or agendas.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pillen is a big player in the TC'ers and rumored to be one of the boosters who put the squeeze on Turd. Follow the money. He has much to gain financially if he is governor. I think it is sad that Politics have come to rich guys with agendas trying to get richer. If Pillen is elected Frost wouldn't even need to worry about Win/Loss Records to keep his job. There are numerous big Husker Boosters who can't stand him.

I technically don't have a Dog in this Fight as I don't live or vote in Nebraska but the Governor has quite a bit of influence over what goes on at a University. From what I have heard from the Boosters I know they feel he would not be good for the Athletic Department and Football Program. Let the AD do the job he was hired to do. We already have too many people from the outside meddling in Husker Sports. It's been decades since an AD could do their job without interference or agendas.
I don’t know if Pillen did anything for Frost, but I know he helped get Pelini another year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds